This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)
|"Old and Wise"|
|Single by The Alan Parsons Project|
|from the album Eye in the Sky|
|B-side||"Children of the Moon"|
|Released||December 1982 |
|Songwriter(s)||Alan Parsons, Eric Woolfson|
|Producer(s)||Alan Parsons, Eric Woolfson|
|The Alan Parsons Project singles chronology|
The lead vocal on the original release of "Old and Wise" was performed by former Zombies vocalist Colin Blunstone. Blunstone made several appearances on Alan Parsons Project albums, but "Old and Wise" was the only single with Blunstone as lead singer to gain airplay. Blunstone later re-recorded the song for his own two-disc Best Of album, titled Old and Wise, released in 2003.
However, an early (demo?) version (without orchestration or the saxophone solo) features Eric Woolfson singing lead. It was included as one of the bonus tracks on the 2007 remastered edition of Eye in the Sky.
- Herman van Veen covered the song on his 1992 album You Take My Breath Away (Herman van Veen sings Pop Classics).
- Viktoria Tolstoy on her 2006 album Pictures of Me.
- British pensioners group The Zimmers recorded a cover of the song in 2008, with vocals by Peter Oakley.
- Israeli musician Sagi Rei on album Diamond, Jade & Pearls.
- Jadis included a cover on their 2001 compilation album Medium Rare.
- Kendrick Lamar sampled "Old and Wise" on "Keisha's Song (Her Pain)", from his album Section.80.
- B.o.B sampled "Old and Wise" on "Campaign", from his mixtape Fuck Em We Ball.
- Pryda sampled vocals from "Old and Wise" on the song "Shadows" from his album Eric Prydz Presents Pryda.
- Fat Jon sampled the song in "Everywhere" (track 4) of Lightweight Heavy.
- Styles P sampled the song on "Shadows", from the 2010 album The Green Ghost Project.
- Daft Punk sampled a micro vocal sample for their single "Face to Face" from the 2001 album Discovery.
- "Old and Wise".
- "Billboard charts".
- "Alan Parsons Project singles charts history". Official Charts. The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Mendoza, Bart (5 September 2014). "Fifty years of Zombies". Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Old and Wise - Colin Blunstone". AllMusic. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Medium Rare - Jadis". Bandcamp. Retrieved 19 May 2021.