Olcay Gülşen, also known as OJ Gulsen, (born 20 July 1980) is a Dutch fashion designer. She was the owner of fashion label "SuperTrash" from 2009 to 2018.
|Born||20 July 1980 (age 41)|
|Occupation||Fashion designer, presenter|
Life and careerEdit
Olcay Gulsen's parents are Kurdish born in Turkey. Gulsen was born in Waalwijk. She has four sisters (Dolshe, Georgina, Venus and Jasmin) and a brother (Gökhan). In 2002, Olcay Gulsen graduated from her Human Resource course. After graduation she moved to Amsterdam to start her first company, a HRM agency called Chill Agency, at the age of 21. She went on to start her second company named 2Stepzahead, importing international fashion brands. This gave her the opportunity to take on her third and biggest project to date: a fashion brand named SuperTrash. As of 2010, SuperTrash is sold in more than 2,000 sales points in 24 countries in Europe and America. In February 2018 Olcay left SuperTrash. Four weeks later the company filed for bankruptcy leaving behind EUR 11 million of debt.
- 2009: Olcay becomes the face of the new Philips Senseo coffee maker
- 2010: SuperTrash creates a Special Edition Dutch Dress for Bavaria
- 2010: Olcay becomes the face of Samsung
- 2012: SuperTrash creates a European Championship dress for Albert Heijn
- 2013: SuperTrash creates a dress to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Disneyland Paris
- 2013: Olcay becomes ambassador for the first Global Kids Fashion Week in London
- 2013: Olcay becomes ambassador for international non-profit foundation Challenge Day
- 2009: Hollands Next Top Model: guest jury member
- 2010: Project Catwalk: guest jury member
- 2010: De Wereld Draait Door – regular guest
- 2011: Project Catwalk The Netherlands – Main jury member
- 2012: The Face: Olcay becomes a main mentor
- 2013: The Daily Buzz: Olcay has her own fashion segment on the US show
- 2018: "Wie is de Mol" contestant
The SuperTrash brand specializes in dresses, tops and pants. A shoe line was added to the collection in 2009, featuring primarily high-heeled shoes supplemented by glamorous flats. Later that year a denim collection named STenim was launched. In 2010, five brand stores were opened in The Netherlands (Utrecht – The Hague – Laren – Maastricht – Eindhoven), one in Ibiza and several shop-in-shops. Additionally, an Amsterdam and Rotterdam Brand Store opened in 2011. In 2012 the label expanded internationally, opening up a store and Headquarters on London's Carnaby Street and New York's Prince Street (permanently closed). In total there are now 15 brand stores internationally, including Antwerp, Gent and Wijnegem in Belgium. The brand also introduced its new label ST. Girls in 2012 to fashionably dress 6- to 16-year-olds. SuperTrash has also launched its own fragrance, Phenomenal and a range of nail polishes. In 2013 SuperTrash has evolved into a lifestyle brand instead of primarily a fashion label.
Olcay Gulsen lives in Amsterdam and London, was engaged to millionaire footballer Edgar Davids in 2006 but they split in 2012 which was seen on Dutch television RTL Boulevard. In 2019 she has a relationship with radio deejay Ruud de Wild
- "FunX Radio - Welkom bij jezelf!". Funx.nl. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
-  Archived 30 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Elsevier Dossier - Olcay Gulsen". Elsevier. 8 July 2009.
- "Toshiba TEC en K3 leveren geïntegreerde Retail Oplossing". Emerce.nl. 29 June 2010.
- "Supertrash CEO Olcay Gulsen steps down".
- "Bankruptcy SuperTrash".
- "Debt of SuperTrash".
- "Olcay Gulsen (Supertrash) winnaar van de Amsterdam Business Award 2010". YouTube. 23 May 2010. Archived from the original on 21 December 2021.
- "Prix de la Mode 2010 uitgereikt". Parool. 11 November 2010.
- "SuperTrash en Philips ontmoeten elkaar op catwalk tijdens AIFW". Philips. 15 July 2009. Archived from the original on 29 January 2010.
- "Bavaria en SuperTrash maken WK jurk". Nu.nl. 23 April 2010.
- "Benelux' Next Top Model Episode 2". Rtl.nl. 21 September 2009.
- "Project Catwalk Episode 9". Rtl.nl. 7 September 2010.
- "Gastendetail". De Wereld Draait Door. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Jan Taminiau en Olcay Gulsen in jury 'Project Catwalk'". RTL. 7 July 2011.
- "Supertrash lanceert denimlijn STenim". Textilia.nl. 3 September 2009.
- "Supertrash komt met lijn voor kleine meisjes". Grazia.nl. 15 September 2011.
- "Olcay Gulsen en Edgar Davids gaan trouwen". Shownieuws.tv. 16 August 2010. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012.
- "Olcay Gulsen en Edgar Davids uit elkaar". Glamour. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Ruud de Wild: Mijn vriendin Olcay kent me het beste". nu.nl. Retrieved 18 November 2019.