OnLine eXchange also known as OLX Group is a global online marketplace (headquartered in Amsterdam, and owned by South African media and technology group Naspers), founded in 2006 and operating in 45 countries.
|Industry||Online marketplace classifieds forums|
Number of locations
|Martin Scheepbouwer (CEO)|
Number of employees
The OLX marketplace is a platform for buying and selling services and goods such as electronics, fashion items, furniture, household goods, cars and bikes. In 2014, the platform reportedly had 11 billion page views, 200 million monthly active users, 25 million listings, and 8.5 million transactions per month.
In 2006, it acquired Mundoanuncio.com, a classifieds site targeting the Hispanic market and in 2007, it made an investment in Chinese classifieds site Edeng.cn.
In India, about 90% of its listings come from used mobile and electronics, used home and household goods, and used cars & bikes. OLX's operations in India, like other online retailers, has faced problems with fraud and with people selling stolen vehicles, something they have made efforts to address; nearly 25% of the car listings on their site get rejected.
In Brazil, OLX and bomnegocio.com, owned by Norway's Schibsted, combined in 2014 to create a classifieds site.
OLX launched in Nigeria in 2012. The company purchased its Nigerian competitor, TradeStable.[when?] However, in February 2018 OLX announced the shut down of its Nigerian office and a complete pullout from Nigeria.
dubizzle.com is the leading classifieds website for users in UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Pakistan. Since its launch in 2005 by J.C. Butler and Sim Whatley, dubizzle.com has become the number one platform for users to buy, sell, or find anything in their community. dubizzle is an OLX company.
Philippine classified ads site Sulit and social networking site Multiply rebranded as OLX in 2014. The merger in the Philippines between OLX and Ayos Dito redirected Ayos Dito users to OLX as of 2015. In April 2019, Carousell acquired OLX Philippines after receiving an investment from Naspers. The deal also gave OLX 10% stake in Carousell. 
In Indonesia, in March 2014, OLX took over Tokobagus.com as a whole, including changing its name to OLX.co.id.
In April 2014, Middle European classifieds of the Naspers group in Romania, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Hungary and Poland rebranded as OLX.
In September 2014, the Ukrainian classified Slando.ua joined the OLX Group.
- "Meet OLX, the biggest Web company you've never heard of". Fortune. 2014-10-29. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Mander, Benedict (2016-09-19). "Argentina: home to the majority of Latin America's tech unicorns". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- "Naspers-owned OLX enters 11 new markets". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Rao, Leena. "Naspers Makes Strategic Investment In Craigslist Competitor OLX". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Wauters, Robin. "OLX And hi5 Join Forces For International Expansion Plans". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Perez, Sarah (2015-09-03). "Mobile App Letgo Raises $100 Million From Naspers To Take Over Classifieds In The U.S." TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "About us Tradus". www.tradus.com. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- indiainfoline.com. "Naspers-Backed OLX takes No.1 position in emerging markets". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Philip, Lijee; Vijayraghavan, Kala (25 October 2019). "The cat and mouse game starts in used cars' online sales". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2019-11-02 – via The Economic Times.
- "Planning to sell stuff on OLX, Quikr? You might be cheated by fraudsters - Don't make these mistakes". Zee Business. 23 August 2019. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- "South African, Norwegian e-commerce rivals bury hatchet in Brazil battle". Reuters. 2014-11-14. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "More than 10,000 farmers use ads site OLX to sell produce". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Ollinga, Michael. "OLX sets up agriculture category to rid sector of middlemen". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "OLX claims three million sellers, buyers at third anniversary". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "Naspers pulls India into its online web". Business Day Live. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Abiodun, Eromosele (2015-04-01). "Nigeria: OLX Expands Platform, Acquires Tradestable". This Day (Lagos). Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "CONFIRMED: OLX shuts down office in Nigeria". Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- "OLX invests in CarFirst to revolutionize car trading in Pakistan". Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "OLX opens customer facilitation centre in Lahore's Packages Mall". The Wallet. 2020-02-28. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "Carousell acquires OLX Philippines following investment from Naspers". Philippine Star. 2019-04-16. Retrieved 2019-06-17.
- "Southeast Asia's Carousell snags $56M from Naspers-owned OLX". TechCrunch.
- "Cerita OLX Mengubur Tokobagus dan Berniaga". detikinet. Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- "Slando меняет название на OLX.ua и запускается на украинском". ain.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "Сайт объявлений Slando меняет название". korrespondent.net (in Russian). Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- Acukat. "OLX es la nueva víctima de Maduro, cierra operaciones y se despide de Venezuela - Venezuela al dia". www.venezuelaaldia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Otro que se va... OLX Venezuela anuncia el cierre de todas sus plataformas (Foto)". LaPatilla.com (in Spanish). 2018-09-11. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Web, El Nacional (2018-09-11). "OLX Venezuela anunció el cese de sus operaciones en el país". El Nacional (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-13.