Nuvvu Naaku Nachav
Nuvvu Naaku Nachav (transl. I like you) is a 2001 Indian Telugu-language romantic comedy film directed by K. Vijaya Bhaskar who co-wrote the film with Trivikram Srinivas. It is produced by Sravanthi Ravi Kishore under the Sri Sravanthi Movies studio. The film stars Venkatesh and Aarthi Agarwal which also marks the latter's debut. The music was composed by Koti.
|Nuvvu Naaku Nachchaav|
|Directed by||K. Vijaya Bhaskar|
|Produced by||Sravanthi Ravi Kishore|
|Written by||Trivikram Srinivas|
(story and dialogue)
|Screenplay by||K. Vijaya Bhaskar|
|Cinematography||K. Ravindra Babu|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Distributed by||Suresh Productions|
Venky (Venkatesh) is a graduate from Anakapalli. He goes to Hyderabad for job purpose and he will stay in Pinnamaneni Srinivasa moorthy (Prakash Raj)'s house who is a childhood friend of his father Sekharam (Chandra Mohan).
Nandu is about to be engaged to a software professional from the USA. Venky helps the family in arrangements and soon bonds with everyone. He also has petty fights with Nandu. The relationship starts with hatred and turns into friendship. On the request of Sekharam, Murthy helps Venky in securing a job. Nandu confesses her love for Venky to him. Venky, who does not want to spoil the relationship between their parents, decides to leave the house, but Murthy goes to the railway station and talks to Venky, which makes Venky return. On his return, Nandu stops talking to him. When Venky accompanies Nandu and Pinky (Nandu's cousin) to Nandu's friend Asha's wedding, sparks fly between them. Even though Venky is also in love with Nandu, he does not express it and pretends that he did not have any feelings for Nandu. When they return, it is time for Nandu's wedding. Venky takes the onus of running the show of marriage. The demure Nandu is shattered. Circumstances lead to everyone finding out about Venky and Nandu. What follows, and how Nandu and Venky end up together, forms the climax of the story.
- Venkatesh as Venkateshwaralu "Venky"
- Aarthi Agarwal as Nandini "Nandu"
- Prakash Raj as Pinnamaneni Srinivasa Murthy, Nandu's father
- Sudha as Lakshmi, Nandu's mother
- Sudeepa Pinky as Pinky, Nandu's Cousin
- Brahmanandam as Photographer
- Sunil as Banthi, Nandu's househelp
- Tanikella Bharani as Ashok, Prasad's father
- Chandra Mohan as Shekaram
- M. S. Narayana as Chanti, Nandu's uncle
- Asha Saini as Asha, Nandu's friend
- Babloo Prithiveeraj as Mohan, Asha's fiancé
- Shiju as Prasad, Nandu's fiancé
- Melkote as M.D.
- Babu Mohan as Prasad's relative
- Mallikarjuna Rao as Prasad's relative
- Ananth as Asha's uncle
- Chitti Babu as Priest
- Bandla Ganesh as Mohan's friend
- Giridhar as Venky's friend
- K K Sharma as Priest
- Suhasini as Sujatha, Nandu's aunt
- Sri Lakshmi as Asha's aunty
- Hema as Padma, Nandu's aunt and Chanti's wife
- Padma Jayanthi as Prasad's mother
- Kalpana Rai as Cook
|Nuvvu Naaku Nachchav|
|Film score by|
|1.||"Unna Mata Cheppaneevu"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Tippu, Harini||4:43|
|2.||"O Navvu Chalu"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Shankar Mahadevan||4:48|
|3.||"Aakasam Dhigi Vachi"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||5:10|
|4.||"Naa Chupe Ninu"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||K. S. Chithra, Sriram Prabhu||4:15|
|5.||"O Priyathama"||Bhuvanachandra||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||5:17|
|6.||"Okkasari Cheppaleva"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||K. S. Chithra, Kumar Sanu||5:11|
The film was released with 113 prints in 147 centres.
Idlebrain.com rated the film 4/5, and was in praise of the performances of the lead cast and the screenplay. "The strength of the film is Venky, Aarti, the comedy dialogues and sensible direction," the reviewer added. Sify which rated 3 stars out of 5, criticised the film for "lack of freshness", and "weak screenplay," and opined that the film resembles a "wedding album."
The film had collected a distributors' share of Rs.180 million in its complete theatrical run. and Rs.26.3 million in its opening week. It was the third highest grossing Telugu film of all time, at its release.
- "Liposuction that kills: Aarti Agarwal's death highlights the dark side of Tollywood - Entertainment News , Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- "A timeless classic comedy Nuvvu Naku Nachav clocks 18 years - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- Cycle Stand – Telugu Cinema Records – Nuvvu Naaku Chav – Jayam Manadera Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Telugu Cinema - Review - Nuvvu Naaku Nachav - Sravanti Ravi Kishore - Venkatesh, Aarti Agrawal - Koti - Vijaya Bhaskar". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- "Nuvvu Naaku Nachav". Sify. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- Cycle Stand – Telugu Cinema Trade Story
- Cycle Stand – Telugu Cinema Trade Story
- CineGoer.com – Box-Office Records And Collections – Venkatesh's 175-Day Centres List Archived 12 February 2007 at the Wayback Machine