Northwell Health is a nonprofit integrated healthcare network that is New York State's largest healthcare provider and private employer, with more than 74,000 employees in 2020. In 2019 Northwell was home to 23 hospitals and more than 700 outpatient facilities, as well as the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, urgent care centers, kidney dialysis centers, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sub-acute rehabilitation and skilled-nursing facilities, a home care network, a hospice network, and other services. It was formerly called North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System and renamed in 2015. The flagship hospitals of Northwell are North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ Medical Center).
Logo since 2017
|Founded||Great Neck, New York, United States|
|Founder||Merger of North Shore Health System and LIJ Medical Center|
|New York metropolitan area|
|Michael J. Dowling, president and chief executive officer (since January 2002)|
|Products||Healthcare and medical|
Number of employees
The following hospitals and medical facilities are part of Northwell Health:
- Cohen Children’s Medical Center
- Glen Cove Hospital
- Huntington Hospital
- Lenox Health Greenwich Village
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Forest Hills
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Long Island Jewish Valley Stream
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
- Mather Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- Peconic Bay Medical center
- Phelps Hospital
- Plainview Hospital
- South Oaks Hospital
- Southside Hospital
- Staten Island University Hospital North & South
- Syosset Hospital
- Zucker Hillside Hospital
- "Northwell home page as of September 2020". Northwell About Us. September 2020. Archived from the original on 16 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- Powderly, Henry (14 September 2015). "North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System changes name to Northwell Health". Healthcare Finance News. Archived from the original on 7 April 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "Locations | Northwell Health". www.northwell.edu. Archived from the original on 16 April 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2020.