Northwell Health is a nonprofit integrated healthcare network that is New York State's largest healthcare provider and private employer, with more than 81,000 employees.
|Formerly||North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System|
|Founded||Great Neck, New York, U.S.|
|Founder||Merger of North Shore Health System and LIJ Medical Center|
Number of locations
|New York metropolitan area|
|Michael J. Dowling, president and chief executive officer (since January 2002)|
|Products||Healthcare and medical|
Number of employees
The flagship hospitals of Northwell are North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ Medical Center).
Prior to 2015, the network was called North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System (North Shore-LIJ).
In 2019, Northwell had 23 hospitals and more than 700 outpatient facilities, as well as the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research, urgent care centers, kidney dialysis centers, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sub-acute rehabilitation and skilled-nursing facilities, a home care network, a hospice network, and other services.
More recently, the company signed a deal with software technology company Playback Health, to launch platforms for patient medical information to retain their healthcare data.
In April 2022, Northwell Health announced it will be providing telemedicine support of around 18,000 pounds (8,200 kg) of medical supplies to the front-line regions of Ukraine to aid in the humanitarian crisis.
The following hospitals and medical facilities are part of Northwell Health. All locations are in New York.
Northwell Nurse ChoirEdit
In 2020, during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, a choir was formed consisting of 18 nurses from the organization who had worked on the frontline to aid those affected by the virus. All members who took part conducted virtual performances, with the choir created to support the nonprofit Nurse Heroes group. The group came to prominence in 2021 when they auditioned on the 16th season of America's Got Talent.
- ^ "Northwell About Us". northwell.edu. Archived from the original on 16 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- ^ Powderly, Henry (14 September 2015). "North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System changes name to Northwell Health". Healthcare Finance News. Archived from the original on 7 April 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- ^ "Northwell Health signs deal, launches platform for patient medical information". Modern Healthcare. 2 December 2021. Retrieved 3 December 2021.
- ^ "Northwell Health Deploys Telemedicine to Ukraine's Eastern Front". business wire. 27 April 2022. Retrieved 29 April 2022.
- ^ "Locations | Northwell Health". northwell.edu. Archived from the original on 16 April 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- ^ "Choir of nurses brings audience, judges to feet with AGT performance". Fox 8 Cleveland WJW. 18 August 2021. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- ^ "The Northwell Health Nurse Choir | Northwell Health". northwell.edu. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- ^ Weldon, Rose (9 June 2021). "Northwell nurse choir heads to 'America's Got Talent' finals - Entertainment". The Island Now. Retrieved 19 August 2021.