Nor Aznaberd (Armenian: Նոր Ազնաբերդ; Azerbaijani: İtqıran, anglicized: Itgyran) is a village in the Zaritap Municipality of the Vayots Dzor Province in Armenia. The village was populated by Azerbaijanis before the exodus of Azerbaijanis from Armenia after the outbreak of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. The Armenian population of Nor Aznaberd migrated from the village of Aznaberd in Nakhchivan. The village was renamed Nor Aznaberd (meaning "New Aznaberd" in Armenian) referring to their origin. To the south of Nor Aznaberd are the ruins of a fortress.
|Time zone||UTC+4 (AMT)|
|Nor Aznaberd at GEOnet Names Server|
The village was previously known as Verin Aznaberd, Itkran, Gyulistan, Gyulist and Gulistan.
- Statistical Committee of Armenia. "The results of the 2011 Population Census of the Republic of Armenia" (PDF).
- "Գտաշեն" (PDF). vdzor.mtad.am. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, Statistical Committee of Armenia
- Kiesling, Brady (2005), Rediscovering Armenia: Guide, Yerevan, Armenia: Matit Graphic Design Studio
- Brady Kiesling, Rediscovering Armenia, p. 128; original archived at Archive.org, and current version online on Armeniapedia.org.