Nokia N93 is a smartphone from Nokia, part of the multimedia Nseries. It was introduced on 25 April 2006 and released in July 2006. It runs on Symbian OS v9.1 and the S60 3rd Edition interface. It was the most advanced camera phone from Nokia at the time of its release, and was particularly marketed for its camcorder, packed in its unique swivel design like its predecessor Nokia N90.
|Compatible networks||HSCSD, UMTS, Tri band GSM / GPRS / EDGE, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900|
|Availability by region||2006|
|Dimensions||118 × 55.5 × 28.2 mm|
|Mass||180 g (0.40 lb)|
|Operating system||Symbian OS v9.1, S60 3rd Edition|
|Battery||Li-Po 1100 mAh (BL - 6M)|
|Display||320 × 240 pixels; 262,144 colors|
|Rear camera||3.2 Megapixels|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.0, Infrared, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, USB 2.0|
The N93 improved upon camera capabilities over the N90. The phone has a 3.2-megapixel camera, Carl Zeiss optics and 3x optical zoom (the first Nokia phone to have it) as well as a 30 fps 640×480 (VGA) MPEG-4 video recording capability.
It was succeeded by the Nokia N93i.
- DVD-like video capture at 30 frames per second in the MPEG-4 format at VGA resolution
- 3.2-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar optics and flash
- 320×240 pixels; 262,144 colors 2.4" display
- 3x optical zoom / 20x digital zoom
- direct TV out connectivity
- easy video creation and burning to DVD with Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0
- digital image stabilization
- close up mode
- Visual Radio
- 50 MB memory, 64 MB RAM, up to 2 GB mini SD card storage (90 minutes of "DVD-like" video)
- Dual ARM 11 332 MHz CPU
- Infrared and Bluetooth
- Wi-Fi (802.11b and g), 3G (WCDMA 2100 MHz), EDGE and GSM (900/1800/1900 MHz) networks
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Adobe Flash Lite 1.1 preinstalled (supports Flash Lite 2.1 and Flash Lite 3.0 developer editions)
- Symbian application support
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support
- Comes standard with a full Web browser
- Fully hardware accelerated PowerVR 3D graphics from Imagination Technologies (including OpenGL ES 1.1 and M3G, see JBenchmark)
- Push to Talk over Cellular (PoC)
As well as coming in 2 colors, pearl black and silver, there was also a Nokia N93 Golf Edition which had been preloaded with Pro Session Golf software to help improve golf skills. There was also a Mission: Impossible III edition which included a memory card preloaded with the movie and a Mission: Impossible III theme.