This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016)
|• Total||32.06 km2 (12.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||350 m (1,150 ft)|
|• Density||2,800/km2 (7,100/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||50:50 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Adilabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nirmal|
The district headquarters is located in the town of Nirmal. It borders the Telangana districts of Adilabad, Nizamabad, Mancherial, Asifabad, Jagtial districts as well as Nanded district of the state Maharashtra.
Nirmal is located at  It has an average elevation of 340 metres (1100 feet) on the foot hills of Nirmal range, which is located in the Deccan plateau..
In the 2011 Indian census, the total population of Nirmal was 88,433. There are 44,053 males (49.82%) and 44,380 females (50.18%). 10,303 children are below 6 years of age. There 5,315 males and 4,988 females. . As per the house hold survey conducted by Telangana government in August 2014, the population of Nirmal is 116,800.
Government and politics
It is one of the oldest municipalities in Telangana. Nirmal Municipality was constituted in 1952 and is classified as a second grade municipality with 36 election wards. The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 32.06 km2 (12.38 sq mi). On June 28, 2019 Telangana Government has increased No. of Election Wards to 42 with the merging of surrounding two gram panchayats namely Manjulapur and Venkatapur in Nirmal Municipality.
Nirmal Assembly constituency is a constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India.It comes under Adilabad (Lok Sabha constituency) along with six other Assembly constituencies. The first elections of nirmal constituency were held in 1957 with India's first national general election.
- "Urban Local Body Information" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Telangana. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 June 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 13, 44. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Nirmal
- "Census of India: Search Details". Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.