This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati (born 14 February 1960) is the successor of Satyananda Saraswati, founder of Satyananda Yoga, who passed on the worldwide coordination of Satyananda Yoga to Niranjanananda in 1988.
|Founder of||Bihar Yoga Bharati (BYB), Yoga Publications Trust, Bal Yoga Mitra Mandal, Sannyas Peeth|
Born in Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh, India, Niranjanananda is considered by his followers to be a yogi from birth. He was named 'Niranjan' (the Untainted One) by his guru Satyananda. He began his training at Bihar School of Yoga in India at the age of four through the use of yoga-nidra and practice of other yoga techniques. At the age of ten, he was initiated as a sannyasi and thereafter for eleven years he lived overseas. From 1971, he extensively toured Europe and North and South America. This experience gave him an understanding of the Western mind and society. In 1983 he returned to India and was appointed the Head of Bihar School of Yoga. For the next eleven years, he spearheaded the research and development activities at Ganga Darshan, Shivananda Math and the Yoga Research Foundation.
In 1990, he was initiated in the tradition of Paramahamsa and in 1993 he was chosen as the spiritual successor of Satyananda. In 1993, he organised a World Yoga Convention on the occasion of the golden jubilee of the sannyasa of his guru. In 1994, he established Bihar Yoga Bharati as the centre for higher studies in the field of yoga. He founded Yoga Publication Trust in 2000.
In 2009 he relinquished all administrative and public duties.
- Jnana Yoga
- My Inheritance of Sannyasa
- The Yoga of Sage Vasishtha
- The Yoga of Sri Krishna
- Yoga in Daily Life
- Dharma of a Disciple
- Head, Heart & Hands
- Karma & Karma Yoga
- Mantra & Yantra
- Mind, Mind Management & Raja Yoga
- Origin of Yoga & Pashupata Yoga
- The Paths of Pravritti & Nivritti
- On the Wings of the Swan (four volumes)
- Yoga Sadhana Panorama (five volumes)
- Prana Pranayama
- Yoga Chudamani Upanishad
- Gheranda Samhita
- Dharana Darshan
- Sannyasa Darshan
- Yoga Darshan
- Saraswati, Ahimsadhara (2010). Yoga Day by Day. Swan Yoga Publications. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-9808062-0-5. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- Saraswati, Swami Niranjanananda (2015). Yoga Chakra 2: Cultivating Spiritual Samskara. Yoga Publications Trust, Munger, Bihar, India. p. 51. ISBN 978-93-84753-28-3.
- "Yoga Publications Trust - Bihar Yoga". www.biharyoga.net.
- Saraswati, Swami Niranjanananda (2013). The history of Bihar School of Yoga. Yoga Publications Trust, Munger, Bihar, India. p. 39. ISBN 978-93-81620-41-0.
- "Bihar Yoga Books - Bihar Yoga". biharyoga.net.