Nippon Paper Industries
Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. (日本製紙グループ株式会社, Nihon Seishi Gurūpu Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese paper manufacturing company. The company's stock is listed on the Tokyo and Nagoya Stock Exchange and on the Osaka Securities Exchange. The stock is also constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock index.
|Traded as||TYO: 3863|
Nikkei 225 Component
|Industry||Pulp and paper|
|Founded||(August 1, 1949)|
|Headquarters||4-6, Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062, Japan|
|Yoshio Haga, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||$ 10.905 billion USD (FY 2012) (¥ 1,025 billion JPY) (FY 2012)|
|$ 113.319 million USD (FY 2012) (¥ 10.652 billion JPY) (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
|13,052 (consolidated ) (as of March 31, 2013)|
|Footnotes / references|
- 1949 - Jujo Paper Co., Ltd. is founded
- 1968 - Jujo Paper merges with Tohoku Pulp Co., Ltd.
- 1972 - Sanyo Pulp (established in 1946) merged with Kokusaku Pulp (established in 1938) into Sanyo-Kokusaku Pulp Co., Ltd.
- 1993 - Upon merger of Jujo Paper Co., Ltd. and Sanyo-Kokusaku Pulp Co., Ltd., the company is renamed to Nippon Paper Industries
- 2001 - Nippon Unipac Holding is formed by the merger of Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. and Daishowa Paper Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (established in 1938)
- 2003 - Both companies' paperboard divisions are merged to form Nippon Daishowa Paperboard
- 2004 - Nippon Unipac Holding is renamed to Nippon Paper Group, Inc.
- 2009 - Acquired Australian Paper for $700 million.
- 2013 - Nippon Paper Group, Inc. merged with Nippon Paper Industries and started operation as Nippon Paper Industries.
- 2016 - Nippon Paper has agreed to buy the world's third largest liquids packaging board business from U.S. timber company Weyerhaeuser.
- "Nippon Paper Industries Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "Nippon Paper Industries Company Summary". Google Finance. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Global Forest, Paper & Packaging Industry Survey 2013 edition – survey of 2012 results" (PDF). PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "The establishment of Nippon Unipac Holdings" (PDF). March 30, 2001. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- Ian McIlwraith (February 17, 2009). "Nippon buys Maryvale mill". The Age. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Nippon Paper to buy Weyerhaeuser drinks carton business". The Japan Times. June 16, 2016. Retrieved June 17, 2016.
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|