Ningbo Rail Transit
Ningbo Rail Transit, also known as the Ningbo Metro, is a rapid transit system serving the city of Ningbo, Zhejiang and its suburbs. Six metro lines are being built inside the urban area of Ningbo, serving Haishu, Jiangbei, Zhenhai, Beilun and Yinzhou. The first phase of Line 1 started construction in June 2009 and began to service the public on May 30, 2014. Line 2 began service on September 26, 2015.
|Owner||Ningbo Rail Transit Group|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||4|
|Number of stations||72|
|Daily ridership||318,000 (2017-4 Avg.) |
|Began operation||May 30, 2014|
|Operator(s)||Ningbo Rail Transit Co.,Ltd.|
|System length||102.46 km (63.67 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Ningbo Rail Transit|
Ningbo Rail Transit is the second rapid transit system put into service in Zhejiang Province, after Hangzhou Metro.
Lines in operationEdit
As of May 2020[update], there are four lines in operation in the Ningbo Rail Transit system.
|Commencement||Newest Extension||Length (km)||Stations|
|May 30, 2014||March 19, 2016||46.165||29|
|Lishe International Airport
|September 26, 2015||May 30, 2020||33.95||25|
|June 30, 2019||—||16.73||15|
|September 28, 2019||September 27, 2020||21.53||9|
Line 1 is the first metro line serving Ningbo. It stretches in the east–west direction, starting in the western town of Gaoqiao as a viaduct and turning into a tunnel as it approaches Haishu District. The tunnel stretches under Zhongshan Road, a main road in Ningbo, crossing the Fenghua River and entering Yinzhou District. It then passes Ningbo East New Town and the town of Qiuga, crossing eastward into Beilun District through China National Highway 329 via elevated line. It then follows Taishan Road to Xiapu Station, the easternmost destination. The construction of the section between Gaoqiao West and Donghuan South Road began in June 2009 and passenger service began on May 30, 2014, making Ningbo Metro Line 1 the second subway line in Zhejiang Province. The extension of Line 1 between Donghuan South Road and Xiapu began trial operations on March 19, 2016.
Line 2 is the second metro line in Ningbo. It starts near Ningbo Lishe International Airport and stretches eastwards through tunnels. After reaching Youngor Avenue it turns northwards and passes Ningbo Textile City, after which the route zigzags into Ningbo Coach Center and crosses Ningbo railway station eastwards, the main railway station of the city. The route extends northwards into Jiangbei District and turns eastwards until it reaches Lulin Market, where it turns into viaducts before reaching Qingshuipu Station in Zhenhai District. This section of Line 2 opened on September 26, 2015. The line will go further into Honglian in the second phase of construction which is scheduled to open in 2020.
Phase 1 of Line 3Edit
Line 3 is the third metro line in Ningbo. It starts in Chenpodu area in Yinzhou District as underground route and go northwards into Yinzhou Central Area via Ningnan South Road and then turn into Songjiang Middle Road and go northeast until it reaches Yongtaiwen Railway and go into Jiangdong District via Zhongxing Road. Finally it crosses Yong River and reach Datong Bridge Station, the terminal of Phase I. The line will be extended further into Luotuo Town, Zhenhai District.
Yinfeng Line, also known as Ningbo–Fenghua Intercity Railway or Ningfeng Line, is a suburban metro line. It starts on the south of Gaotang Bridge station in south Yinzhou District, goes south until it reaches the Ningbo Ring Expressway and turns into an elevated line and enters the Huanzhen North Road of Jiangshan Town. After reaching Jiangshan Station, it turns east into Yanhu Road and passes Yinzhou Industrial Park and Yongjiang Village until it reaches Fangqiao and turns south again along Donghuan Road before it reaches its destination, Jinhai Road Station.
Lines under construction and under planningEdit
According to the "Ningbo Rail Transit Construction Plan (2013-2020)" approved by the NDRC, Line 1 to Line 4 and the Phase 1 of Line 5 will be completed before 2020, the total length of Ningbo Rail Transit will be 173.1 kilometers.
On December 2, 2019, the 2020-2025 Construction Plan of Ningbo Rail Transit was announced.
|(remaining section)||Minghui Road
|2022||(Phase II remaining section)||Congyuan Road
|2023||(connecting section with Line 3 Phase II)||Xingzhuang Road
|Under planning||(Phase I)||Huanggu Road||Honglian||38.6||24|
|(Phase I)||Jiangcun||Jiangbei Avenue||22.6||18|
|(West extension)||Gaoqiao West||Shilutou||1.5||1|
|Dongqian Lake||International Conference Center|
Line 4 starts from Cicheng Station in Cicheng Town and turns south into the North External Ring Viaduct where it turns east–west. After reaching Jiangbei Avenue, it starts to turn underground and deviates from the viaduct to Zhuangqiao railway station where it turns south, crosses Yaojiang River and reaches Ningbo railway station. Then Line 4 goes along Changchun Road, Xingning Road until it reaches Canghai Road and become north–south again. After reaching Shounan Road it turns into southeast direction and reaches Dongqian Lake, its destination.
- "轨道交通1号线一期正式开通试运营 个别公交IC卡需开通相应服务" [Metro Line 1 formally cleared to open trial operations; bus IC card needed to ride]. 中国宁波网 [China Ningbo Net (nbnews.cnnb.com.cn)] (in Chinese). May 30, 2014. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- (Chinese)宁波市城市快速轨道交通线网规划 Archived January 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Ningbo's first metro line opens". Railway Gazette International. June 3, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2016.
- "Ningbo opens second metro line". Railway Gazette International. September 28, 2015. Retrieved March 19, 2016.
- "3号线鄞奉段、机场快速路南延南段、三官堂大桥9月27日开通-新闻中心-中国宁波网". www.cnnb.com.cn. Retrieved September 27, 2020.
- 宁波轨道交通1号线6月开工 预计2014年通车 (in Chinese)
- "轨道交通1号线二期3月19日开通试运营" [Phase 2 of Metro Line 1 starts open trial operations on March 19] (in Chinese). Ningbo Rail Transit Group. March 16, 2016. Retrieved March 19, 2016.
- (Chinese)2号线一期工程今日动工 环城北路站等七大站点开建
- "2号线2期什么时候能全线开通". October 10, 2018.
- China Railway Siyuan Survey and Design Group, Environment impact report of Line 3 (Ningbo Rail Transit), Wuhan, February, 2014.
- "The route of Ningbo–Fenghua Intercity Railway is almost fixed. Construction expected to start next year". Ningbo Daily. July 9, 2014. Retrieved September 14, 2014.
- "宁波市城市轨道交通近期建设规划（2020-2025年）环境影响评价公众参与第二次信息公示". December 2, 2019.
- "宁波地铁4号线重大进展！预计2020年具备开通条件". November 10, 2019.
- Ningbo Environment Protection Design Group. Report of Environment Impact of Line 4 (Ningbo Rail Transit). Ningbo. November 2014.
- "CSR Zhuzhou to supply Ningbo metro cars". Railway Gazette International. February 8, 2011. Retrieved February 14, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ningbo Rail Transit.|
- Ningbo Rail Transit (official site)