Nicolas Angel Siragusa (born May 10, 1994) is an American football offensive guard who plays for the Los Angeles Wildcats of the XFL. He played college football at San Diego State, and was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
|No. 56 – Los Angeles Wildcats|
|Born:||May 10, 1994|
San Diego, California
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||330 lb (150 kg)|
|High school:||Chula Vista (CA) Mater Dei|
|College:||San Diego State|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 4 / Pick: 122|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
High school careerEdit
A native of San Diego, Siragusa attended Mater Dei High School in Chula Vista, California, where he only played two years of varsity football after playing baseball and basketball during his freshman and second years.
Regarded as a three-star recruit by ESPN, Siragusa was ranked as the No. 102 offensive tackle in a 2012 class highlighted by D. J. Humphries and Andrus Peat. Siragusa committed to his home-town San Diego State Aztecs over offers from Fresno State, New Mexico State, San José State, and others.
Siragusa was a four-year starter at San Diego State. On November 14, 2016, it was announced that Siragusa had accepted an invitation to appear in the 2017 Senior Bowl. He attended the Senior Bowl, but suffered a thumb injury on the first day of practice that sidelined him for the rest of the week and the Reese's Senior Bowl game.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 4 in
|33 1⁄2 in
|10 5⁄8 in
|5.35 s||1.83 s||3.04 s||4.56 s||7.71 s||32 in
|9 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Baltimore Ravens selected Siragusa in the fourth round (122nd overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the sixth guard and eighth interior offensive lineman, as well as one of three San Diego State products (along with Donnel Pumphrey and Damontae Kazee) selected in 2017.
On May 5, 2017, the Baltimore Ravens signed Siragusa to a four-year, $3.02 million contract, including a $628,379 signing bonus. However, during a training camp practice on August 1, Siragusa tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL. He was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2017, ending his rookie season before it began.
Green Bay PackersEdit
On December 12, 2018, the Green Bay Packers signed Siragusa off the Ravens' practice squad and added him to their active roster after placing Byron Bell on injured reserve. He was waived on April 29, 2019.
Los Angeles WildcatsEdit
- "2012 ESPN Top Offensive tackles". ESPN.
- "Prospects who have accepted invites to 2017 Senior Bowl". National Football League. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- Austin Gayle (February 16, 2017). "SDSU's Nico Siragusa good to go for combine, speaks to Aztecs' bright future". Fox Sports. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Nick Siragusa". National Football League. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- "Ravens draft Nico Siragusa". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Downing, Garrett (April 29, 2017). "Round 4 (No. 122): Ravens Select Offensive Guard Nico Siragusa". BaltimoreRavens.com. Archived from the original on August 20, 2017. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Spotrac.com: Nick Siragusa contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- Mink, Ryan (September 1, 2017). "Ravens Announce 24 Roster Moves, Have 13 More To Make". BaltimoreRavens.com. Archived from the original on January 18, 2018.
- Mink, Ryan (August 1, 2017). "Reports: Rookie Nico Siragusa Tears Multiple Knee Ligaments". BaltimoreRavens.com. Archived from the original on January 19, 2018.
- Mink, Ryan (September 1, 2018). "Ravens Make Final Cuts to 53 Players". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 2, 2018). "Ravens Assemble Their 2018 Practice Squad". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- "Packers Sign G Nico Siragusa". Packers.com. December 12, 2018.
- "Packers announce roster moves". Packers.com. April 29, 2019.
- "Colts Sign Guard Nico Siragusa; Place Center Javon Patterson On Injured Reserve". Colts.com. June 4, 2019.
- "Colts Sign C Daniel Munyer, RB Aca'Cedric Ware; Place RB Spencer Ware On PUP List, Activate WR Daurice Fountain". Colts.com. July 24, 2019.
- Brown, Chris (August 1, 2019). "Bills use open roster spot, sign guard Nico Siragusa". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (August 10, 2019). "Bills sign CB Captain Munnerlyn, OL Demetrius Rhaney and, DT Roderick Young". BuffaloBills.com.
- "OFFENSIVE LINEMEN DRAFT TRACKER". XFL.com. October 15, 2019. Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- "16 for '16: Top prospects from outside Power 5". National Football League.
- "Father taught SDSU's Siragusa to fight on". U-T San Diego.