This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2020)
Niclas Engelin (born 27 December 1972) is a Swedish heavy metal guitarist for Drömriket, Passenger, Engel and The Halo Effect. He previously was the lead guitarist for and Gardenian and the rhythm guitarist for In Flames and has been in and out of In Flames on six occasions.
|Born||27 December 1972|
In 1997, Engelin replaced Glenn Ljungström of In Flames who had just quit. In 1998, Niclas quit In Flames and the band's drummer, Bjorn Gelotte, took over his position as guitarist. Engelin came back to fill in for Jesper Strömblad four times since back in 1998, when he quit. He rejoined In Flames briefly in late 2006 and again in 2009, as Jesper had been struggling with personal issues but maintained he would return. Niclas also toured with In Flames in North and South America, Australia, Europe, South Africa (RAMfest 2012) and portions of Japan in their Taste of Chaos tour.
On 12 February 2010, Jesper quit In Flames, citing a need to face ongoing personal issues. For that reason, Niclas returned as a guitarist, planning to stay until they could find a suitable replacement, but on 28 February 2011, the band decided that he would instead become the full-time guitarist himself.
He formed the band Engel in 2002 with guitarist Marcus Sunesson (The Crown).
In May 2011 Engelin became endorsed by B.C. Rich guitars, using the Warlock Pro X model with gold covered EMG 81 and 60 pickups. Mr Engelin is since 2012 endorsed by Gibson Guitar Corporation
Drömriket, a project started by Niclas and drummer Magnus "ADDE" Andreasson (Hardcore Superstar), together with vocalist Ralf Gyllenhammar (Mustasch) and Jonas Slättung (bass and vocals), released their self-titled debut album "Drömriket" in May 2014 in Sweden.
In October 2021, it was announced that Niclas would reunite with former In Flames bandmates Jesper, Peter Iwers, and Daniel Svensson, along with Dark Tranquility vocalist Mikael Stanne, in a new project named The Halo Effect.
- Breath, Shit, Excist... – 1993 (Deathside Records)
- Two Feet Stand – 1997 (Listenable Records)
- Soulburner – 1999 (Nuclear Blast)
- Sindustries – 2000 (Nuclear Blast)
- In Reverse – 2003 Single (Century Media)
- Passenger – 2003 (Century Media)
- Absolute Design – 2007 (SPV)
- Threnody – 2010 (Trooper Entertainment)
- Blood of Saints – 2012 (Season of Mist)
- Raven Kings – 2014 Gain/Sony
With In FlamesEdit
- Siren Charms – 2014 (Epic/Sony, Razzia)
- Battles – 2016 (Nuclear Blast)
- I, the Mask – 2019 (Nuclear Blast)
- Drömriket – 2014 (Gain Records)
With The Halo EffectEdit
- Days of The Lost – 2022 (Nuclear Blast)
- ^ "Sarcazm – Snaildeath – Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives".
- ^ clearing_rubble_1908 (7 November 2022). "Interview in Metal Hammer UK. Anders says Niclas is out of the band". r/InFlames. Retrieved 19 November 2022.
- ^ "Guitarist Jesper Strömblad quits in Flames". Blabbermouth. 12 February 2010. Retrieved 12 June 2010.
- ^ Engelin becomes full-time guitarist of In Flames
- ^ "Engel releases Raven Kings november 26 2014". Archived from the original on 15 February 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2014.