Nicholas James Vujicic (// VOO-itch-itch; born 4 December 1982) is an Australian American Christian evangelist and motivational speaker born with tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare disorder characterized by the absence of arms and legs.
|Alma mater||Griffith University|
He was born without fully formed limbs. According to his autobiography, his mother refused to see him or hold him when the nurse held him in front of her, and she and her husband went out of the hospital.
Originally, the toes of one of his feet were fused. An operation was performed to separate the toes so that he could use them as fingers to grab. He refers to it as his chicken drumstick.
When he was seventeen years old, Vujicic's mother showed him a newspaper article about a woman praying with a severe disability; he then started to give talks at his prayer group.  Vujicic graduated from Griffith University at the age of 21 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, with a double major in accountancy and financial planning.
In 2005, Vujicic founded Life Without Limbs, an international non-profit organization and ministry. In 2007, he founded Attitude is Altitude, a secular motivational speaking company.
On his webpages, in a self-formulated "Statement of Faith", Vujicic states his adherence to born-again Christianity.
On 9 March 2002, he moved to California. In 2008 in McKinney, Texas, near Dallas, he met Kanae Miyahara. They married on February 12, 2012. The couple has two sons and two daughters, and reside in Southern California.
Without any limbs, he is able to type 43 words per minute on a computer.
Books and publicationsEdit
- Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life (2010); ISBN 978-0307589743
- Your Life Without Limits (2012); ISBN 978-0307731043
- Limitless: Devotions for a Ridiculously Good Life (2013); ISBN 978-0307730916
- Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action (2013); ISBN 978-0307730893
- The Power of Unstoppable Faith (2014); ISBN 978-1601426765
- Stand Strong (2015); ISBN 978-1601427823
- Love Without Limits (2016); ISBN 978-1601426185
- Be the Hands and Feet: Living Out God's Love for All His Children, February 13, 2018; ISBN 978-1601426208
- on YouTube
- Vujicic, Nick. "Nick Vujicic: Spreading Hope Worldwide". Nickvujicic.com. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Life With Limbs: About Nick Vujicic". Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- Born WITH double the arms and legs. 4 arms and 4 legs at BBC; published 23 February 2011; retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Nick Vujicic – The Man Who Has Inspired Millions - World Top Updates". Worldtopupdates.com. 26 May 2017. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Z. Lazarević. "Roditelji Nika Vujičića u Beogradu: Drago nam je što smo u zemlji naših predaka". Blic.rs. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- Vujicic, Nick. "A Life of Value," Life Without Limits, Doubleday, 2010.
- Herald, University (19 August 2016). "Nick Vujicic On Hopelessness And His Childhood – Part 1". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Riley, Jennifer (30 March 2008). "Limbless Evangelist Preaches Joy in Christ". Christian Post Reporter. Archived from the original on 28 July 2012. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- "The World's best-known Motivational Speaker Nick Vujicic Today in BiH". Sarajevo Times. 26 October 2019. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Butterfly Circus Wins The Doorpost Film Project's $100,000 First Prize". 168project.blogspot.com. 22 September 2009. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "2010 Method Fest, Independent Film Festival, Calabasas, California". Methodfest.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Statement of Faith", No. 9, lifewithoutlimbs.org
- "How Nick Vujicic Met His Wife? What Qualities Attracted Him to Kanae Miyahara?". christianpost.com. 12 February 2012. Archived from the original on 22 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Nick Vujicic Biography -Motivational Speaker Without Limbs". Insbright. 3 January 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Motivational Speaker, Nick Vujicic Born Without Limbs Welcomes Twin Girls With Wife". National Helm. 21 December 2017. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Herald, The Gospel (21 December 2017). "Limbless Evangelist Nick Vujicic Announces Birth of Twin Daughters Ahead of Christmas: 'Thank You God!'". Breaking Christian News: World, Business, and More. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Nick Vujicic shares family's excitement in awaiting arrival of second son". Christiantoday.com. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "With God, a life without limbs is a life without limits, preacher declares". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 5 May 2022.
- Muteshi, Musabi (14 April 2015). "Being someone else's miracle: Rwanda's story". The New Times Rwanda. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nick Vujicic.|