- Not to be confused with the football player Nick Sorensen.
Nick Sörensen (born October 23, 1994) is a Danish-born Swedish professional ice hockey right wing who is currently playing with Linköpings HC of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL). He was drafted by the Anaheim Ducks in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, 45th overall.
October 23, 1994|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
45th overall, 2013|
Sörensen played as a youth and made his professional debut with Rögle BK in the HockeyAllsvenskan. In order to pursue a NHL career, he moved to North America and played as an import in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with the Quebec Remparts before getting drafted 45th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft by the Anaheim Ducks. On April 3, 2014, Sörensen signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the Anaheim Ducks.
In the 2016–17 season, having returned to North America, Sörensen made the opening night roster out of training camp. He made his debut with the Ducks against the Dallas Stars on October 13, 2016. He recorded his first NHL point, an assist against the Philadelphia Flyers on October 20, 2016. Two days later and having appeared in 5 games with Anaheim, Sörensen was re-assigned to American Hockey League affiliate, the San Diego Gulls. He played the remainder of the season in San Diego, collecting 22 points in 48 games.
In the off-season, Sörensen opted to leave the Ducks and return to previous club, Linköpings HC of the SHL, in signing a two-year contract on May 23, 2017.
He has represented Sweden in 2013 and 2014, getting two World Junior Championship silver medals.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2016–17||San Diego Gulls||AHL||48||10||12||22||38||8||2||2||4||8|
- "Ducks sign RW Sorensen to three-year entry-level deal". Anaheim Ducks. April 3, 2014. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "LHC picks into young forward" (in Swedish). Linköpings HC. April 30, 2015. Retrieved April 30, 2015.
- "Ducks recall three from San Diego". Anaheim Ducks. October 22, 2016. Retrieved October 22, 2016.
- "He looks forward to putting on club jersey" (in Swedish). Linköpings HC. May 23, 2017. Retrieved May 23, 2017.