The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New Video (stylised as NEWVIDEO) is an entertainment distributor and collector of independent digital content. The company works with independent producers, filmmakers and television networks to curate content for many types of distribution platforms, including digital, cable, video on demand, Blu-ray, DVD, and theatrical releases.
|Divisions||Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment|
Flatiron Film Company
Until 2012, New Video was marketing and distributing TV series and movies for A&E Home Entertainment, which included A&E, History channel, and Lifetime. New Video's library includes Major League Baseball games and storybook content from Scholastic. New Video also distributes films for Arthouse Films, Plexifilm and is the distributor of DVD and digital titles for Tribeca Film.
In 2011, New Video partnered with China Lion to distribute Chinese-language films across North America via various platforms. New Video was named as the exclusive aggregation partner to digital platforms for the Sundance Institute's Artist Services Initiative.
Co-presidents of New Video, Susan Margolin and Steve Savage, received the 2011 Digital 25 Award by the Producers Guild of America and Variety. The award recognizes individuals who have contributed to the advancement of digital entertainment and storytelling.
New Video Digital is the world's largest independent digital video distributor. It provides over 10,000 hours of film and television to download and to streaming platforms, such as iTunes, Netflix, and Hulu.
|2011||Bobby Fischer Against the World||Official Selection 2011 Sundance Film Festival||DVD|
|2011||Hell and Back Again||Winner Grand Jury Prize 2011 Sundance Film Festival,
Winner Cinematography Prize 2011 Sundance Film Festival
|2011||The Last Mountain||Official Selection 2011 Sundance Film Festival||DVD & Digital|
|2011||Hot Coffee||Official Selection 2011 Sundance Film Festival
Winner Grand Jury Prize Best Documentary 2011 Seattle International Film Festival
|2008||Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog||DVD & Digital|
|2004||Super Size Me||Digital|
|1967||Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back||DVD|
Docurama Films is a distributor of home video documentaries and has expanded to digital and theatrical platforms. In 2009, Docurama Films celebrated its tenth anniversary by screening special series at the IFC Center in New York City.
Select Docurama Films releases include:
- The Atomic Cafe (1982)
- Best Boy (1979)
- Blue Vinyl (2002)
- Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back (1967)
- Gasland (2010)
- Genghis Blues (1999)
- Hell and Back Again (2011)
- Hot Coffee(2011)
- The Last Mountain (2011)
- Lost Boys of Sudan (2003)
- Southern Comfort (2001)
- The Weather Underground (2002)
- The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill (2005)
Flatiron Film Company is a distributor of next-generation Indian and foreign films, as well as web titles from Mondo Media, such as Happy Tree Friends. Flatiron distributed Mondo's first feature-length animated film, Dick Figures: The Movie. The company also handles US theatrical distribution for Elite Squad: The Enemy Within, Brazil's highest-grossing film.
Select Flatiron Film Company releases include:
- "China Lion roars into North America". Variety. April 3, 2011.
- "Sundance Institute Announces Expansion of Artist Services Initiative".
- "Producer's Guild Of America In Association With Variety Honor 2011 Digital 25" (PDF).
- "Sundance 2012: Cinedigm Adds Digital Distribution".
- "About New Video Digital". New Video. Archived from the original on November 11, 2011. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- "Hell and Back Again - Documentary Feature - Oscars 2012". Archived from the original on 2017-02-17.
- "Winners and Nominees for the 83rd Academy Awards".
- "Docurama: 10th Anniversary Celebration". IFC Center. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "Brazil's Oscar Bet "Elite Squad: The Enemy Within," Opening Soon in the US". indieWIRE. September 26, 2011.