Never Gonna Leave This Bed
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Never Gonna Leave This Bed" is a song performed by American pop rock band Maroon 5, taken from their third studio album, Hands All Over (2010). The song is a ballad and was written by frontman Adam Levine and produced by Robert John "Mutt" Lange. It was released as the third single by A&M Octone Records. It was released in Australia in January 2011. The song was listed under Cool New Music on All Access in the Hot Adult Contemporary section and in early February 2011, it started gaining airplay there, even though an official Hot AC radio adds date never came to fruition. It had an official radio adds date to Mainstream Radio on May 17, 2011.
|"Never Gonna Leave This Bed"|
|Single by Maroon 5|
|from the album Hands All Over|
|Released||January 24, 2011|
|Producer(s)||Robert John "Mutt" Lange|
|Maroon 5 singles chronology|
The song received positive reviews from most music critics, who complimented the track's lyric and its sweet sound. It has gained significant airplay on U.S. radio and has charted on the Billboard Hot 100 and Adult Pop Songs, while reaching the top ten on the latter. The music video features Russian model Anne Vyalitsyna and sees the frontman snuggling with her on beds in various Los Angeles settings, as passersby give them curious looks.
Frontman Adam Levine wrote this song after a "weekend bender." He told The Sun September 17, 2010: "I was totally depleted and got home, picked up a guitar and started writing this song. It's my favourite on the record. It's the most honest. It reflects a desperate longing to have somebody in my life, which I didn't at the time."
"Never Gonna Leave This Bed" is written in the key of A minor (performed in G♯ minor) with a moderate pop rock tempo of 117 beats per minute. The song follows the chord progression Am–F/A–C/G–G (the pop-punk progression), and Levine's vocals span from B3 to D#5 
Jakof Dorof from Slant Magazine said that: "The band turns in career highlights with the harmony-laden "Never Gonna Leave This Bed." Sarah Rodman from The Boston Globe said that: "“Never Gonna Leave This Bed” nails the hunger to prolong the perfect moment with an intoxicating partner with its sweet, sexy swing." IGN said: "the romance-friendly track "Never Gonna Leave This Bed," has a Keane-like feel". Leah Greenblatt from Entertainment Weekly opined that: "Levine's romantic roundelay trundles on the Train-ish midrange balladry (Never Gonna Leave This Bed)".
The music video for the song was shot at several different places including Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles, California. The video shows scenes of Levine and Vyalitsyna in three different bed settings, including one at a pier on the beach of Santa Monica, another on Broadway in Los Angeles, and a third setting in an upper floor of the Hilton Hotel. The video also features the band performing in a glass truck from Aardvark Event Logistics, alternatively while driving down a highway during the day, and on a busy street in downtown Los Angeles at night, while onlookers take photos. The music video for the song was released on February 4, 2011 and premiered the day after on VH1. The video hit number seven on the Yahoo! Video chart published by Billboard.
Maroon 5 performed the song on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on January 17, 2011. The band also performed it on the Super Bowl XLV pre-show, the Logie Awards of 2011, on May 1, 2011 and on The Today Show on August 5, 2011. The band performed the song for their Hands All Over Tour.
|1.||"Never Gonna Leave This Bed"||3:16|
|2.||"Never Gonna Leave This Bed (Serban Pop Mix)"||3:16|
In late January 2011, the song was listed under Cool New Music on All Access in the Hot Adult Contemporary section and in early February 2011, it started gaining airplay there, even though an official Hot AC radio adds date never came to fruition. The song debuted at #35 on the Billboard's Adult Pop Songs chart and reached a peak of #4. On the week of May 14, the song entered the Hot 100 at #100, reaching a peak of #55. It also charted on the Belgian, Hungary, Netherlands and Slovakia charts.
Charts and certificationsEdit
|Australia||January 24, 2011||Adult contemporary|||
|United States||May 17, 2011||Mainstream radio|||
- "Top 40/M Future Releases | Mainstream Hit Songs Being Released and Their Release". Allaccess.com. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Never Gonna Leave This Bed Lyrics". Gracenote. October 3, 2010.
- Hot Adult - Cool New Music| All Access All Access Retrieved 2011-02-18
- "Never Gonna Leave This Bed by Maroon 5 Songfacts". songfacts.com.
- Adam, Levine. "Never Gonna Leave This Bed". www.musicnotes.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- Hands All Over| Music Review Slant Retrieved 2011-02-18
- On Hands All Over, They sound glad to be sad Boston Globe Retrieved 2011-02-18
- Maroon 5: Hands All Over Review Pop music programmed for the masses. IGN Retrieved 2011-02-18
- Greenblatt, Leah (September 22, 2010) Hands All Over| Music| EW.com Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2011-02-18
- Who Made the Bed in the Maroon 5 Video? AOL Music Retrieved 2011-02-13
- With pajamas, Adam Levine records new video with his band Maroon 5 with girlfriend Archived 2011-01-16 at the Wayback Machine Popline Retrieved 2011-01-13
- "Music Video: Maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave This Bed". Maroon 5. 2011-02-04. Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- Yahoo Video Chart Billboard Retrieved 2011-03-17
- Ryan, Chris (8 February 2011). "New Video: Maroon 5, 'Never Gonna Leave This Bed'". MTV. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Maroon 5 Brasil (2011-01-18) (in Portuguese) Maroon 5 performa “Never Gonna Leave This Bed” no Jay Leno Maroon 5 News Retrieved 2011-01-18
- Maroon 5 performs at Super Bowl 2011 pre-show Maroon 5 Brazil Retrieved 2011-02-18
- "Maroon 5, Jessie J live at the Logies". Yahoo! TV. May 1, 2011. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "Maroon 5 se apresenta no Today Show!". Maroon 5 Brasil. July 5, 2011.
- Hot modern-AC/ Coll New Music All Access
- "Hot-Modern-Adult Contemporary Popular Songs, Alternative Rock, AC Music, Radio News, - ..." All Access.
- "Chart Highlights: Adult Pop, Rap Songs & More". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2011-02-08.
- "Never Gonna Leave This Bed - Maroon 5 | Billboard". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Ultratop.be – Maroon 5 – Never Gonna Leave This Bed" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. Retrieved 2011-03-17.
- "Maroon 5 – Never Gonna Leave This Bed Media Forest". Israeli Airplay Chart. Media Forest.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Maroon 5" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40.
- "Lescharts.com – Maroon 5 – Never Gonna Leave This Bed" (in French). Les classement single.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201115 into search. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Maroon 5 Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Maroon 5 Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.
- "Maroon 5 Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Maroon 5 Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2011 - Adult Contemporary Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Best of 201 - Adult Pop Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "American single certifications – Maroon 5 – Never Gonna Leave This Bed". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Top 40/Mainstream - Future Releases | Mainstream Hit Songs Being Released and Their Release Dates". Radio & Records. Retrieved 2011-05-04.