Netherlands Space Office
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Formed||1 July 2009|
|Jurisdiction||RVO, an agency of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, |
Kingdom of the Netherlands
Three Dutch government ministries—the Ministry of Economic Affairs; the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science; and the Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management—along with the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), an independent administrative body under the auspices of the Dutch-government Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, signed an agreement in October 2008 for the establishment of the NSO.
It was established as of 1 July 2009 following the merger of the space activities of the Netherlands Agency for Aerospace Programmes (in Dutch language, Nederlands Instituut voor Vliegtuigontwikkeling en Ruimtevaart (NIVR)), which was then disestablished.
The NSO was established by the Dutch government to develop and administer the country's space programme. The NSO is the face of the Dutch space community for international space organisations, including the multi-country-member European Space Agency (ESA); the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), as well as the central point of contact for the space community within the Netherlands.
The NSO also works to educate students and the general public on the story of spaceflight science, usage and exploration.
The director of the NSO reports to the steering committee of the ministries. In terms of organisation and administration, the NSO falls under SenterNovem, an agency of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. SenterNovem's purpose is to implement governmental policies on innovation, environment and sustainability.
- List of government space agencies
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Netherlands Agency for Aerospace Programmes (in Dutch language, Nederlands Instituut voor Vliegtuigontwikkeling en Ruimtevaart (NIVR))
- Netherlands Institute for Space Research
- Delft Aerospace Rocket Engineering
- spaceoffice.nl, Netherlands Space Office (NSO) official website (website in Dutch language; toggle switch to English-language version offered in top bar). Accessed 12 February 2010.
|This Netherlands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This space- or spaceflight-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|