This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michelle Edwards (m. 2007)
McDermott appeared in the 2008 Doctor Who episode "The Next Doctor", as well as Casualty and Rosemary and Thyme, amongst others, the feature films Goal! and Blooded, and various stage productions including The Sound of Music in the West End. He trained at the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts. He joined the cast of EastEnders in 2009. In June 2011, Digital Spy reported that McDermott was leaving EastEnders. An EastEnders spokesperson said, "We can confirm Neil is leaving EastEnders. It was a mutual decision that was made before Christmas when Neil's contract came up for renewal and we wish him all the best for the future. His exit storyline will be dramatic and fans will not be disappointed."
McDermott replaced fellow Enders actor Nigel Harman as Lord Farquaad in Shrek the Musical at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in London's West End on 29 February 2012. The production played its final performance 24 February 2013 with McDermott as Farquaad. On 2 September 2014, McDermott briefly reprised the role of Ryan Malloy in EastEnders.
Neil and his wife Michelle opened Mishmak Youth Theatre in January 2010.
- Inspector George Gently – Gary Manners (2014) 1 episode.
- Casualty – Gavin Nicholson (2013)
- Doctors – Dr. Bradley Dash (2013) 2 episodes.
- EastEnders – Ryan Malloy (2009–11, 2014, 2016)(credited as "Man" in April 2009)
- The Royal – Dr. Ralph Ellis (2009–2011)
- Doctor Who: The Next Doctor – Jed (2008)
- Kiss of Death – John Doe (2008)
- Casualty – Ben Harold (2006)
- Rosemary & Thyme – Ryan Stebbings (2006)
- Chopratown – Henry (2005)
- Goal – Extra
- EastEnders – Ben (2003)
- Eugenius! (The Other Palace) – Evil Lord Hector (2018)
- The Sound of Music – Captain Georg von Trapp (2017–18)
- The Wind in the Willows (London Palladium) – Chief Weasel (2017)
- Shrek the Musical (Theatre Royal, Drury Lane) – Lord Farquaad (2012–13)
- La Cage aux Folles (Menier Chocolate Factory) – Jean-Michel (2007–08)
- Follies (London Palladium) – Young Buddy (2007)
- The Sound of Music (London Palladium) – Rolf Gruber (2006–07)
- Aladdin (Old Vic) – Aladdin (2005–06)
- Henry IV (Donmar Warehouse) – Ordulf (2004)
- Digital Spy
- The Sound of Music – Biography
- Kilkelly, Daniel (19 June 2011). "'EastEnders' star Neil McDermott to leave soap". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- Brown, David (2 September 2014). "EastEnders spoilers: Ryan Malloy makes surprise return to the BBC1 soap". Radio Times. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "EastEnders hunk Neil McDermott to open Sutton youth theatre". YourLocalGuardian.co.uk. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- "BABY JOY! EastEnders star Neil McDermott becomes a dad". NOW. IPC Media. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- "Sport photos – Eastenders stars Charlie Brooks and Neil McDermott at the start line of the Great North Run in Newcastle". Metro. Associated Newspapers Ltd. 18 September 2011. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter