Nehru Maidan or Central Maidan is a multi purpose ground in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. This ground is situated in heart of the city Hampankatta. The ground is mainly used for organizing matches of football, cricket and other sports. Also known for many public events organized here such as political rallies, religious festivals, exhibitions.
|Location||Mangalore City, Karnataka|
|Public transit||Bus Stands: State Bank and Hampankatta Railway Station: Mangalore Central|
|Owner||Mangalore City Corporation|
|Operator||Mangalore City Corporation|
Nehru Maidan is an important venue hosting domestic tournaments and many inter-school and collegiate tournaments. The Mangalore Sports Club (MSC) is a popular organisation in the city and has been elected as the institutional member for the Mangalore Zone of the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) which is situated in Nehru Maidan.
Dakshina Kannada Football Association (DKDFA), annually organizes the "Independence Day cup" on the occasion of Independence Day at Nehru Maidan. Various schools and colleges from across Dakshina Kannada, Udupi, Kodagu districts will be participating and the matches are conducted under seven categories.
- "Mangalore: Grand Procession, Enticing Tableaus Mark Nehru Maidan's Ganesha Immersion". www.daijiworld.com. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "The Times Of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- Network, CD. "Independence Day Cup football tourney concludes on a high note". Coastaldigest.com. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- Ali, Safoora (13 July 2012). "Teams in Mangalore begin practise for Independence Cup". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Over 3,00000 fans take part in IPL Fan Parks". IPLT20. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.