|Born||citation needed]26 March 1990 [|
|Years active||2013 – present|
|Relatives||Navneeth Madhav (Brother)|
Neeraj is most popular for his role as 'Moosa Rehman' which he played in the Indian web series The Family Man which started streaming in Amazon Prime Video in October 2019. He is also known for his roles in many as Drishyam (2013), 1983 (2014), Sapthamashree Thaskaraha (2014), Oru Vadakkan Selfie (2015), Adi Kapyare Kootamani (2015), Oru Mexican Aparatha (2017), etc.
Neeraj is a native of Calicut district in Kerala. He did his schooling from St. Joseph's Boys' Higher Secondary School, Calicut. Then graduated in Visual communications from SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kanchipuram and later did post-graduation in Theatre from School of Drama and Fine Arts, Thrissur. His father Dr. K. Madhavan is a veterinarian, and his mother Latha, a teacher.
The young talent started off as a dancer with the first edition of reality television programme ‘Super Dancer’ on Amrita TV and made it to the final round. Neeraj is also a trained Bharatanatyam dancer, having learned it under Kalamandalam Saraswathy and her daughter, Aswathy. He is also trained in chenda and is a disciple of Kalanilayam Udayan Namboodiri.
Neeraj made his entry to the Malayalam cinema industry through Raaj Prabavathy Menon's Buddy into which he was selected through an audition. He was later noticed by director Jeethu Joseph and was invited to be a part of his movies Memories and Drishyam, both turned out to be box office successes, with the latter becoming the highest-grossing Malayalam film ever. Meanwhile, Neeraj also acted in Abrid Shine's 1983 and Sathyan Anthikad's Oru Indian Pranayakadha.
Anil Radhakrishnan Menon's Sapthamashree Thaskaraha - the story of seven thieves in which Neeraj plays one of the lead characters alongside Prithviraj, Anoop Kannan's Homely Meals and Apothecary (film) - a medical drama directed by Madhav Ramadasan are also other noted performances of the actor.
Neeraj also debuted as an official choreographer through Oru Vadakkan Selfie, scripted by Vineeth Sreenivasan, with the fun song "Enne thallendammava". His other releases in 2015 also include Jamna Pyari, Kunjiramayanam, Madhura Naranga, KL.10 Pathu, Charlie and Adi Kapyare Kootamani.
Neeraj debuted as a screenplay writer through the movie Lavakusha in 2017 and also played one of the title characters in this along with Aju Varghese.
Neeraj plays his first lead role in the movie Paippin Chuvattile Pranayam. It was directed by debutant Domin D'Silva. He portrays Govindankutty, a daily wage laborer in this movie.
In 2019, Neeraj starred as Moosa Rehman in the web series titled The Family Man. This action-drama series by Amazon Prime Video is helmed and produced by director duo Raj and DK. The series also stars Manoj Bajpayee, Priyamani and Kishore in major roles.
In July 2020, he released a rap song titled Pani Paali on Youtube. The song lyrics was written and sung by himself and had music production by Arcado. The song started trending immediately, gaining 5 million views in its first week of release.
|Oru Indian Pranayakadha||Charlie|
|Oru Vadakkan Selfie||Thankaprasad/Thankamma|
|Jamna Pyari||Tony Kurishinkal|
|Adi Kapyare Kootamani||Remo|
|2017||Oru Mexican Aparatha||Subhash|
|Paipin Chuvattile Pranayam||Govutty/Govindankutty|
|2019||Allu Ramendran||Neeraj Madhav||Cameo|
|2019||The Family Man||Moosa Rehman||Amazon Prime Video|
|2021||Feels Like Ishq||Netflix|
|2015||Oru Vadakkan Selfie||Enne Thallendammava||Shaan Rahman|
|2020||Jungle Speaks Volume 1||EP (Music production by Rzee)|
|2020||Panipaali||Music production by Arcado|
|2021||First Love||feat. Siddharth Menon (Music production by Arcado)|
Awards and nominationsEdit
- 2018 – Won – Best Star Pair – Paippin Chuvattile Pranayam
- 2015 – Won – New Sensation in Acting (Male) for performance in various movies
North American Film Awards
- 2016 – Special mention by the jury for performance in various movies
- 2017 – Special mention by the jury for performance in Paippin Chuvattile Pranayam
- Sathyendran, Nita (24 April 2015). "Making the right moves". The Hindu. Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Prakashan, Asha (3 April 2018). "Neeraj Madhav ties knot". The Times of India. Kozhikode, India.
- ManoramaOnline Reporter (23 February 2021). "നീരജ് മാധവിനും ദീപ്തിക്കും പെൺകുഞ്ഞ്". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- DNA Web Team (23 February 2021). "'The Family Man' actor Neeraj Madhav, wife Deepthi Janardhan welcome a baby girl". DNA. Retrieved 23 February 2021.
- "The Taste of Success - Deccan Chronicle".[permanent dead link]
- "Neeraj is now officially a choreographer". The Times of India. Kochi, India. 1 March 2015.
- "Holding a mirror to one's self". The Hindu. Thiruvananthapuram, India. 8 January 2015.
- "Neeraj Madhav on a spree". Malayala Manorama. Thiruvananthapuram, India. 23 July 2015.
- "Jeethu cast Neeraj when they met at a college". The Times of India. Kochi, India. 11 February 2016.
- S, Harikumar J. (3 July 2020). "Actor Neeraj Madhav's new rap song 'Panipaali' is turning a funky earworm". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "The next funny man". The New Indian Express. Kochi, India. 28 October 2014.
- "'My character is crucial and tricky', says Neeraj Madhav". India Today. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
- "Asiavision Awards 2015". International Business Times. Thiruvananthapuram, India. 18 November 2015.