This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Nedu Wazobia (born Chinedu Ani Emmanuel) is a Nigerian on-air personality, broadcast journalist, TV presenter, actor, comedian and content creator. He is known for his pidgin rendition of the daily news on popular radio station Wazobia FM 94.1 Lagos.
|Born||5 August 1982|
|Other names||Nkechi, Officer Jato|
|Occupation(s)||On-air personality, comedian, actor, presenter, events compere|
Early life and career Edit
Nedu was born in Kaduna, Nigeria. He studied accounting at Madonna University, Elele Okija, Anambra state. He has his NYSC in Jigawa on a radio station as an on-air personality. He moved back to Abuja to work as a site manager, a period he tagged as unfulfilled. After 2 years as a site manager, he moved to Lagos to fulfil his lifelong dream of being a broadcaster and entertainer.
Personal life Edit
Nedu married Uzoamaka Ohiri in 2013, but their marriage crashed in 2018. The estranged couple has three children together. Nedu claimed his marriage had been dissolved but his estranged wife has said otherwise and has challenged him to produce the divorce papers.
DNA controversy Edit
Ohiri, on Friday, September 3, 2021, called out Nedu for domestic violence. She accused Nedu of battering her a few weeks after she delivered their child by a Cesarean section. On September 4, 2021, Nedu responded to his wife's allegations and denied physically violating his wife. Nedu would later respond to her claims saying their marriage was plagued with a lot of issues. He wrote, ‘‘Our marriage was plagued with a lot of issues. One of which was continuous infidelity from her side that led to me conducting a paternity test on our kids which led to the revelation that our first son is not my biological son even though he was born within the period during which we were married’’. To substantiate his claims, he also posted a copy of the DNA test, which was conducted by a forensic laboratory, Viaguard Accu-metrics, located in Toronto Canada. The radio personality and Instagram skit maker, said, "The continuous infidelity from her side made me conduct a paternity test on our kids which led to the revelation that our first son is not my biological son".
Although Uzoamaka had said that she did not cheat on Nedu during their brief marriage, she noted that she did not intentionally give another man's baby to her ex-husband. Uzoamaka stated that she was already pregnant for her ex before she married Nedu, albeit, unbeknownst to her. Uzoamaka claimed that shortly after her previous relationship ended, she decided to get to know Nedu, and then they were married while she was pregnant, not knowing that he wasn't responsible for the pregnancy. She was visibly pregnant during the wedding, and everyone could see it. She said that it was communications issues that were solely responsible for the disruption of their marriage. She said that their marriage was plagued with domestic violence and that it was not the DNA test report that led to their eventual divorce.
Brands and endorsements Edit
Awards and nominations Edit
|2023||Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards||Best Actor In A Comedy Drama, Movie Or TV Series||Inside Life||Nominated|||
 OfficialNeduTV on YouTube
- Magazine, Yes International! (8 February 2016). "WAZOBIA FMâ€™S HOTTEST PRESENTERS REVEAL THEIR SUCCESS SECRETS".
- "EmmaOhMaGod, Lasisi Elenu, Nedu WazobiaFm, Ogbolor Storm "Mama Tobi Untamed" » Broadway TV". 22 December 2017.
- "Emma Oh Ma God Inspired My Instagram Character Nkechi - Nedu Wazobia FM". Bounce.
- "Nedu Wazobia (Ani Chinedu Michael)'s schedule for Social Media Week Lagos 2019". socialmediaweeklagos2019.sched.com.
- "Nedu's ex-wife Uzoamaka Ohiri". 9 September 2021.
- "Pending Divorce?". 4 September 2021.
- "Nedu's estranged wife accuses him of domestic violence". 4 September 2021.
- "Nedu denies physically assaulting wife". 4 September 2021.
- "Our first son is not mine". 4 September 2021.
- "DNA Controversy". 10 September 2021.
- "Communications issues strained our marriage -Comedian nedu's ex-wife Uzomaka". 7 September 2021.
- "Okon Lagos, Patience Ozokwo, uAkpororo, Nedu, star in Boss Of All Bosses". 7 June 2018.
- "The King is Here! Kemi Adetiba's 'King of Boys' starring Sola Sobowale, and Adesua Etomi to Premiere Tomorrow, October 21st". 20 October 2018.
- "Chief Daddy could have been so much more but at least it will make you laugh a little". www.pulse.ng. 10 December 2018.
- "A Different Kind Of Flatmates". 26 September 2017.
- "The Rise of the Influencers". 27 January 2019.
- "PHOTOS: Tiwa Savage, Don Jazzy, KCEE, others obtain endorsement certificates from MTN". Nigerian Entertainment Today. 28 May 2015.
- "Rising Sun Lottery LTD signs Nedu Wazobia as brand Ambassador". Linda Ikeji's Blog. 23 November 2018.
- "Full List: Here are all our AMVCA 9 Nominees". AMVCA - Full List: Here are all our AMVCA 9 Nominees. Retrieved 2023-04-23.
- "Tobi Bakre clinches Best Actor at AMVCA 2023 for 'Brotherhood'". Vanguard News. 2023-05-20. Retrieved 2023-06-09.