Naxos Island National Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νάξου
|Elevation AMSL||10 ft / 3 m|
Airlines and destinationsEdit
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On 12 December 2009, an Olympic Air ATR 42 (registration SX-BPA), performing flight OA6 from Athens to Naxos, was on a visual approach to runway 36 and had been handed off to Naxos Tower by air traffic control. The airplane was then seen in full landing configuration on final approach to Paros' runway 35 (length 710 meters/2300 feet) on the adjacent island. Paros Tower made contact on its frequency and Naxos Tower and ordered the aircraft to go around. The crew aborted the approach and subsequently landed safely in Naxos.
- On 12 July 2019, a Sky Express ATR 42 (registration SX-FOR), about to perform flight GQ-405 from Naxos to Athens, was backtracking the runway for departure, when the aircraft went off the paved surface of the runway and came to a stop with the main gear in a ditch and the lower fuselage on the runway edge. There were no injuries, but the airport was closed for the rest of the day as a precautionary measure.
- "Naxos - Greece".
- https://naxosairport.info/[dead link]
- "Incident: Olympic Air AT42 near Paros on Dec 12th 2009, approached wrong airport". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Naxos airport shuts after airplane accident". Greek News. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Accident: Sky Express AT42 at Naxos on Jul 12th 2019, runway excursion on backtrack for departure". The Aviation Herald. Retrieved 13 July 2019.