Nature Materials, is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Nature Publishing Group. It was launched in September 2002. Vincent Dusastre is the launching and current chief editor.
Nature Publishing Group (United Kingdom)
|ISO 4||Nat. Mater.|
Aims and scopeEdit
Nature Materials is focused on all topics within the combined disciplines of materials science and engineering. Topics published in the journal are presented from the view of the impact that materials research has on other scientific disciplines such as (for example) physics, chemistry, and biology. Coverage in this journal encompasses fundamental research and applications from synthesis to processing, and from structure to composition. Coverage also includes basic research and applications of properties and performance of materials. Materials are specifically described as "substances in the condensed states (liquid, solid, colloidal)", and which are "designed or manipulated for technological ends."
Furthermore, Nature Materials functions as a forum for the materials scientist community. Interdisciplinary research results are published, obtained from across all areas of materials research, and between scientists involved in the different disciplines. The readership for this journal are scientists, in both academia and industry involved in either developing materials or working with materials-related concepts. Finally, Nature Materials perceives materials research as significantly influential on the development of society.
Research areas covered in the journal include:
- Engineering and structural materials (metals, alloys, ceramics, composites)
- Organic and soft materials (glasses, colloids, liquid crystals, polymers)
- Bio-inspired, biomedical and biomolecular materials
- Optical, photonic and optoelectronic materials
- Magnetic materials
- Materials for electronics
- Superconducting materials
- Catalytic and separation materials
- Materials for energy
- Nanoscale materials and processes
- Computation, modelling and materials theory
- Surfaces and thin films
- Design, synthesis, processing and characterization techniques
In addition to primary research, Nature Materials also publishes review articles, news and views, research highlights about important papers published in other journals, commentaries, correspondence, interviews and analysis of the broad field of materials science.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
- "Aims and scope of the journal". Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Editorial Team". Biographical paragraphs about the editorial staff. Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Editors and contact information". ...all editorial decisions are made by a team of full-time professional editors, who are PhD-level scientists. Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Nature materials". Bibliographic information for this journal. Library of Congress. January 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Master Journal search". Coverage. Thomson Reuters. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Nature Materials". Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI) (Displaying Record for Publication). American Chemical Society. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.