Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita
Ricky Lee's Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita (International title: Waiting for Love / transl. Where Were You When I Needed You') is a 2015 Philippine drama television series based on the 1986 film of the same title which was written by Ricky Lee and directed by Mel Chionglo, starring Susan Roces, Hilda Koronel, Snooky Serna, Janice de Belen, Richard Gomez, Aga Muhlach and Eddie Garcia, courtesy of Regal Films. Directed by Jeffery Jeturian, Mervyn Brondial and Cathy Camarillo, it is topbilled by Vina Morales, Denise Laurel, Jane Oineza, Loisa Andalio, Jerome Ponce, Joshua Garcia and Christian Vasquez. The series premiered on ABS-CBN's Kapamilya Gold afternoon block and worldwide on The Filipino Channel from January 19, 2015 to October 16, 2015, replacing Kapamilya Blockbusters.
Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita
|Also known as||Waiting for Love|
|Created by||Mel Mendoza-del Rosario|
|Based on||Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita|
by Mel Chionglo
|Opening theme||"Tunay na Mahal" by Juris|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||192|
|Executive producer(s)||Mark Anthony D. Gile|
|Producer(s)||Marielle de Guzman-Navarro|
|Running time||30–35 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMO Entertainment Unit|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV) |
|Original release||January 19 –|
October 16, 2015
|Related shows||Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita (1986 film)|
In the town of Itogon, Benguet lived a happy family with Dolores, Paciano, and their daughter Cecilia. One day, Paciano decides to work at Manila. He goes back and forth every day to his job, which complicates Dolores and Cecilia. One day, Cecilia awakens and Paciano disappeared. She waits for her father but has never returned.
Cecilia's dream of going to Manila will become true. She and her mother moved to Manila so Cecilia can go to college in order to find her father. Her hopes and dreams shatters when she discovers that her father has another family, and that she doesn't have enough money for college. Cecilia and Dolores survived in Manila by selling food in front of a university, where Cecilia meets Leandro, whom starts off as her tutor but they eventually fall in love with each other. At their school dance, Cecilia and Leandro go to a dark library and Cecilia gets pregnant. She agrees to marry Leandro for the sake of their child. After the two got married, Dolores later dies from cancer while holding her newborn granddaughter Corrine in her arms.
Many years passed, Cecilia does everything she can for her family; her husband Leandro and her children Corrine and Bea. Their life is about to change when Leandro meets his new assistant at work, Toni, who eventually falls in love with him. She seduces Leandro in her car and eventually she gets pregnant, resulting in Leandro losing his job. Cecilia learns about what Leandro had done from Toni's father Florencio, owner of Briones and Company. Cecilia tells Leandro to stay away and live with Toni, and her daughters become heartbroken seeing their father leaving them. Since that very moment, Corrine and Bea vows to patch the broken pieces of their family together.
A few years pass, Corrine attends UDM (Universidad de Monteagudo) for college and meets Ryan, Toni's younger brother. They eventually fall in love and will have a child of their own. However, when Cecilia reconciles with her childhood friend Carlo, the complication with her husband gets more intense. But Leandro still fights for his wife and will not give up on their marriage. Because of Leandro's unconditional love for Cecilia, he and Carlo eventually face each other and the friendship didn't seem to be working.
While dating Ryan, Corrine's childhood friend Joel is still in love with her and is seen as overprotective to her. When Bea admits to being in love with Joel at a dance, Joel is a bit taken back and Bea flees the dance and eventually to a new student's arms. This complicates Joel and Bea's friendship after Bea stops hanging out with him and leans more onto a new boy in her life then Joel. Joel realizes over time that he is no longer in love with Corrine and loves Bea now, who promises to fight for. Bea eventually chooses Joel and they begin their relationship.
In the end, when Carlo searches for himself and life, he goes back to his wife and decides to live with her and his children. Meanwhile, Corrine labored her baby with Ryan. Although premature, they still loved the baby and accept him. Corrine and Cecilia finally reconcile and the latter welcomes the baby to the family. Cecilia and Leandro finally fixed their marriage and reconciled as well. When everything is peaceful and her family is reunited, Cecilia returns to her old hometown where she finally found her long-lost father Paciano and the family lived happily altogether.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Vina Morales as Cecilia Macaraeg-Natividad
- Denise Laurel as Toni Briones
- Jane Oineza as Corrine M. Natividad-Briones
- Loisa Andalio as Beatriz "Bea" M. Natividad
- Joshua Garcia as Joel Galvez
- Jerome Ponce as Ryan Briones
- Christian Vasquez as Leandro Natividad
- Aleck Bovick as Chynna "Ching" Galvez
- Christopher Roxas as Nicanor "Kanor" Galvez
- Santino Espiñoza as Andrew B. Natividad
- Maila Gumila as Norma Briones
- Sue Prado as Kristel
- Emmanuelle Vera as Chloe
- Eslove Briones as Omeng
- Johnny Revilla as Florencio Briones
- Wendy Valdez as Imelda
- Jon Lucas as Allan
- Kazel Kinouchi as Phoebe
- Lorenzo Mara as Atty. dela Rosa
- Nina Ricci Alagao as Ms. Quinn
- Chienna Filomeno as Steph
- Christian Bables as Dwayne
- Pauline Palomique as Tess
- Via Carillo as Lianne
- Jose Sarasola as Mike
- Marx Topacio as UDM Basketball Coach
- Manolo Pedrosa as Alex
- Levi Ignacio as Paciano Macaraeg (finale episode)
- Richard Yap as Carlo "Caloy" Asuncion
- Dominic Ochoa as young Paciano Macaraeg
- Ina Raymundo as Dolores Buyaao-Macaraeg
- Dexie Daulat as young Cecilia
- Sue Ramirez as teenage Cecilia
- Arron Villaflor as teenage Leandro
- Mccoy de Leon as teenage Caloy
- Beauty Gonzalez as teenage Ching
- Arran Sese as teenage Kanor
- Hannah Valenzuela as young Corrine
- Juvy Lyn Bison as young Bea
- Kim Llono as young Joel
- Lance Lucido as young Caloy
|Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita (Songs from the Heart)|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||October 1, 2015|
|Genre||OPM, Pop, Soundtrack|
|1.||"Tunay Na Mahal"||Juris||4:09|
|2.||"Mahal Ko O Mahal Ako"||Kyla||4:10|
|3.||"Hindi Ko Kaya"||Vina Morales and Denise Laurel||4:57|
|4.||"Pag-Ibig"||Jane Oineza and Loisa Andalio||5:17|
|5.||"Walang Iba"||Jane Oineza, Jerome Ponce, Loisa Andalio and Joshua Garcia||4:28|
|6.||"Tunay Na Mahal (Instrumental Version)"||Juris||4:09|
|7.||"Mahal Ko O Mahal Ako (Instrumental Version)"||Kyla||4:10|
|8.||"Hindi Ko Kaya (Instrumental Version)"||Vina Morales and Denise Laurel||4:57|
|9.||"Pag-Ibig (Instrumental Version)"||Jane Oineza and Loisa Andalio||5:17|
|10.||"Walang Iba"||Jane Oineza, Jerome Ponce, Loisa Andalio and Joshua Garcia||4:26|
It was originally announced to be Oineza's first starring role in a teleserye after her big stint from the recent season of Pinoy Big Brother. In the trade launch trailer, Marco Gumabao was initially part of the cast, but was later moved to Forevermore. He was later replaced by Be Careful With My Heart star Jerome Ponce for the final casting.
Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita, initially planned to be part of the Primetime Bida evening block, was originally planned to replace the Korean drama Faith. However, the timeslot was later announced as part of Kapamilya Gold afternoon block. The drama was promoted and premiered back-to-back with Oh My G! and Flordeliza as part of Kapamilya's "Thank You Day" on January 19, 2015.
|PILOT EPISODE||FINALE EPISODE||PEAK||AVERAGE||SOURCE|
|United States||KIKU||When I Need You|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Award / Recognition||Category||Nominee||Result||Ref.|
|2015||29th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Daytime Drama Series||Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita||Nominated|||
|Best New Male TV Personality||Joshua Garcia||Nominated|
|Best New Female TV Personality||Loisa Andalio||Nominated|
- NASAAN KA NANG KAILANGAN KITA Teaser. ABS-CBN Entertainment. September 5, 2014.
- NASAAN KA NANG KAILANGAN KITA Full Trailer: January 19 on ABS-CBN!. ABS-CBN Entertainment. January 11, 2015. Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "ABS-CBN PRESENTS DIFFERENT FACES OF LOVE VIA "NASAAN KA NANG KAILANGAN KITA"". abscbnpr (Press release). January 14, 2015.
- NATIONAL TV RATINGS (Urban + Rural): January 14-21, 2015
- NATIONAL TV RATINGS (Urban + Rural): July 8-14, 2015
- "'Nasaan' finale leaves questions and quibbles unresolved". Philippine Daily Inquirer. October 24, 2015.
- "FULL LIST: Winners, 2015 PMPC Star Awards for TV". rappler.com. Retrieved July 14, 2018.