Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza (born July 22, 1997) is a Filipino actress, commercial model and singer. A child star on Goin' Bulilit and Kung Fu Kids, she gained local relativity on Pinoy Big Brother. Oineza also received recognition overseas, winning a World's Best Actress certificate and International Emmy nomination for Manika (2012).
Elizabeth Jane Oineza
Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza
July 22, 1996
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer|
|Years active||2001–2012; 2013–present|
Brightlight Productions (2020–present)
Life and careerEdit
Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza was born in the town of Bani, Pangasinan, to Erwin Oineza, a businessman in northern Luzon, and Jennifer Urbano. The oldest among three siblings, she lived with her family throughout the Ilocos region and is fluent in Tagalog and English with some proficiency in Ilokano. She is of mostly Pangasinense and Ilocano ancestry. She was raised Roman Catholic and currently practicing.
From then on, Oineza became her family's sole breadwinner after her parents resigned from their respective jobs to assist her in her career. The family moved from the provinces to live in Pasig and then later Quezon City.
Oineza later admitted that her lack of acting opportunities led directly to financial problems for her family, confessing on reality show Pinoy Big Brother: All In, yet her mother continually recognizes her daughter's efforts: "very dedicated in everything she does".
Immediately upon release of a popular shampoo ad, a talent manager urged Oineza to venture into acting. She made her acting debut at the age of 5 in the primetime drama Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan (2001–2003).
Oineza then portrayed the young versions of heroine protagonists in Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas (2003–2004) in the role of young Ara to Kristine Hermosa, and Marina (2004) as young Marina to Claudine Barretto. Soon, Oineza came to prominence in the children's sketch comedy show Goin' Bulilit in various skits and parody roles.
After graduating from said show after three years, she joined the live-action fantasy series Kung Fu Kids (2008) as Moira, one of seven kids holding different personalities to be united by a prophecy. Kung Fu Kids became the most-watched program in urban Philippines in early 2008 according to NUTAM, with 37.1%.
Since then, Oineza became a staple of local soap operas, as supporting and guest cast in Ligaw na Bulaklak (2008), Shout Out! (2010), Maria la del Barrio (2011), Oka Tokat (2012), and featured multiple guestings on drama anthology series Maalaala Mo Kaya and Wansapanataym, notably episodes "Unan" and "Bola", the life depictions of Julie Vega and Vice Ganda respectively.
During this time period, she obtained more challenging roles. In the midst of drama portrayals, Oineza materialized on the big screen with her first indie short in Sampalataya for Philippine's 2009 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival Entry as Mayumi, a blind girl who dreams in colors but sees everything in black and white. She returned to co-starring in mainstream Star Cinema-produced movies, namely Miss You Like Crazy (2010), I Do (2010) and psychological horror film Amorosa (2012).
Oineza then participated in the period indie, Bayaning Pepe, a film under the direction of Carlos Morales, encompassing a story traced back into the younger years of National Hero Jose Rizal. She received rave reviews from independent film critics as she played the infamous Leonor Rivera, Rizal's "lover by correspondence".
In 2013, Oineza gained international recognition for her role in Maalaala Mo Kaya's Manika (lit. Doll) (2012); with a Finalist Certificate for Best Performance by an Actress at the prestigious New York Festivals, nominee for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama nomination at the Golden Screen Awards, and cast of Best Drama nomination at the International Emmy Awards. Noted to be her first-starring role on TV, Oineza plays Nene, a girl raped by her stepfather, witnesses her mother succumb to drug addiction and escapes to a convent. Doll broke barriers as one of the most-talked about episodes of the MMK series, reaching a 40% national viewer rating via Kantar Media/TNS. Later that year, she was relaunched as part of Star Magic 2013.
Separately, she appeared in another Maalaala Mo Kaya episode entitled Bimpo where she played a young woman born with cerebral palsy. Her portrayal garnered her a second nod for Best Single Performance by an Actress at the 27th PMPC Star Awards for Television alongside acclaimed veteran Nora Aunor.
In 2014, Jane joined Pinoy Big Brother: All In as a celebrity housemate. Because of her love-lines and strong personality, Oineza gained immense media attention and viewer relevance. After 120 days, she was named 3rd Big Placer.
In 2015, Jane appeared in the afternoon primetime teleserye Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita opposite Jerome Ponce. In the series, she portrays Corrine Natividad, a determined daughter who desires to fix her broken family.
Oineza also featured in Sponge Cola's single Move On, released locally and worldwide via iTunes. After appearing in films The Love Affair (2015) and Always Be My Maybe (2016), she starred in the film adaptation of the published Wattpad horror series entitled Bloody Crayons released in July 2017. She also played a role in the Regal Entertainment horror film Haunted Forest alongside Jameson Blake, Maris Racal and Jon Lucas.
As of 2019, Jane is set to play a role in the movie Ang Henerasyong Sumuko Sa Love.
|2019||Ang Henerasyong Sumuko Sa Love||Maan|
|Tayo Muna Habang Hindi Pa Tayo||Alex|
|Bloody Crayons||Olivia Mendez|
|2016||Always Be My Maybe||Telay|
|2015||The Love Affair||Cassie Ramos|
|2012||24/7 in Love||Bambi|
|2010||Ang Tanging Pamilya||Young Charlie|
|Miss You like Crazy||Karen Samonte|
|Bahay Kubo: A Pinoy Mano Po!||Young Rose|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Award Giving Body||Category||Nominated Work||Results||Reference|
|2012||New York Festivals - International TV and Film||Best Performance by an Actress||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Manika||Nominated|||
|26th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Single Performance by an Actress||Nominated|||
|10th Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama||Nominated|||
|PEP Awards||PEP's Bets for Stardom in 2013||Included
Rank no. 12
|2013||27th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Single Performance by an Actress||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Bimpo||Nominated|||
- Valeza, Karen (June 11, 2013). "Jane Oineza: Good-bye to child star roles?". Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom. Yahoo Philippines Celebrity. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- . Bum Endorsers. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Star Magic Talent: Jane Oineza". Star Magic Philippines. Star Magic. 2010. Archived from the original on June 22, 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "New York Festivals - 2013 World's Best Television & Film". New York Festivals. NYF International Awards Group LLC. January 1, 2014. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- Nakakaproud naman! Ilokana ka mut gaya! Ijay ka banda ngay manang?" - taga bani, pangasinan kami! Jane Oineza Twitter.
- Oineza, Jane (June 6, 2013). "Ilokano status". Jane Oineza Official Twitter. Retrieved April 30, 2014.[non-primary source needed]
- Jane Oineza [@itsJaneOineza] (April 21, 2014). "Roman Catholic. 😊" (Tweet). Retrieved November 22, 2016 – via Twitter.
- "Jane Oineza: From Commercial Model to Popular Child Actress". Manila Bulletin. Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. Retrieved August 8, 2008.
- "Housemates receive their first punishment". Star Cinema. May 5, 2014. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Jane Oineza, tapos na ang paghihirap". Online Balita. Balita News Philippines. 2014. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Lacuata, Rose (May 5, 2014). "PBB All In: Jane Oineza shares past as child actress". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- Ciar, Troy (May 13, 2014). "Jane Oineza: Mother knows best". SunStar. SuperBalita Cebu: Kalingawan. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Almo, Nerisa (January 28, 2008). ""Kung Fu Kids" kicks of January 28 on ABS-CBN". Philippine Entertainment Portal. PEP.ph TV Guide. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Kung Fu Kids rule NUTAM/TV Ratings Feb 4 to 7
- Dumaual, Miguel (March 9, 2013). "Meet the 12 new faces of Star Magic". ABS-CBN News.
- "'Ghost' haunted 'Amorosa' shooting?". ABS-CBN News. October 29, 2012.
- Bayaning Pepe previous archive  Retrieved 2012.
- http://aliwanavenue.com/2012/08/08/bayaning-pepe-premieres-august-17-sm-manila-cinema-9/ ‘BAYANING PEPE’ PREMIERES August 17 @ SM MANILA CINEMA 9!
- "New York Festivals - 2013 World's Best Television & Film". New York Festivals. NYF International Awards Group LLC. 2014. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- "Philippines wins Gold, Silver, and Bronze World Medals at New York Festivals". Philippine Entertainment Portal. April 11, 2013.
- "2013 Golden Screen TV Awards nominees bared". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- "Maalaala Mo Kaya nominated in drama category of 41st International Emmy Awards". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2013.
- "JANE OINEZA, HAPPY WITH THE GO-SIGNAL OF HER CONTROVERSIAL "MMK" EPISODE". ABS-CBN Social Media Newsroom. ABS-CBN 2014. October 29, 2012.
- "The Much-Talked About 'MMK' Episode Last Saturday Hits 40% in National TV Ratings". July 3, 2012.
- Benedicto, Rizza Lorraine C. (March 12, 2013). "Meet Star Magic Circle 2013". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "A Fiercer Yet Sexy Jane Oineza". BNL Mag. May 2014. Retrieved September 30, 2014.
- "ABS-CBN dominates nomination for 27th Star Awards for Television". Philippine Entertainment Portal. PMPC. November 8, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "Meet the new housemates of 'Pinoy Big Brother'". ABS-CBN News. April 27, 2014. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- "Jane Oineza saves herself". The Philippine Star. June 29, 2014.
- Malonzo, Cristina (June 17, 2014). "Nichole calls this edition of PBB 'PBB JANE Edition'". Pinoy Big Brother News. ABS-CBN Entertainment. Retrieved September 30, 2014.
- PBB ALL IN: Jane Oineza celebrates 18th Birthday inside PBB House
- http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/news/66903-pinoy-big-brother-all-in-moments '10 Pinoy Big Brother: All In' moments
- Daniel Matsunaga wins 'Pinoy Big Brother: All In' Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "After 'PBB' stint, Jane finally bags lead role in teleserye". ABS-CBN News. ABS-CBN Interactive. August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Marlo-Mortel-sa-MMK?scid=04A085E1-2C4D-4085-8435-A3CBCA6BB1B7 MMK ABS CBN News October 25, 2014
-  PMPC bares nominees for 26th Star Awards for Television. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "PEP's Bets for Stardom: Lucky 13 for 2013". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc. December 2012. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Dumaual, Miguel (March 9, 2013). "Meet the 12 new faces of Star Magic". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved March 30, 2013.