NHL 2K (2014 video game)
NHL 2K was an ice hockey video game, developed by Virtuos in association with Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports. The game was released on October 23, 2014. It is the 12th game in the NHL 2K series and the first since 2010's NHL 2K11.
|Release||October 23, 2014|
|Genre(s)||Sports (ice hockey)|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Online multiplayer|
Announced on September 17, 2014, NHL 2K is the first in the series released exclusively on mobile. Chris Snyder, vice president of marketing at 2K Sports, viewed the brand revival on those platforms as building on the success seen by NHL 2K11's mobile release, while simultaneously targeting an underserved market. He confirmed that there are currently no plans to release new NHL 2K games on home consoles.
NHL 2K was taken off of the App Store and Google Play in mid-2016 after two years on the market.
The game introduced an all-new "MyCareer" mode, similar to that found in the NBA 2K series. Additionally, the game also features returning modes like Season, Free skate, Shootout, Winter Classic and Three-on-three minigames. Support for live roster updates, controllers, GameCenter connectivity and iCloud also exist.
- "2K - Games - NHL 2K". Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Crawley, Gram (September 17, 2014). "NHL 2K on mobile marks a hockey comeback for 2K Games this fall". Venture Beat. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- Minotti, Mike (September 17, 2014). "NHL 2K skates on to iOS and Android devices". Venture Beat. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "NHL 2K Series Is Returning to IPod and Android Devices". Bleacher Report. September 17, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "NHL 2K for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved October 24, 2010.