The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
|Formation||1 March 1988|
|Type||Non-governmental trade association|
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Services||Business promotion, networking, policy reforms|
|Fields||Information Technology (IT)|
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
|over 2,000 companies|
NASSCOM initiated a program called '10000 Startups' in 2013. The purpose of 10000 Startup is to support and impact 10,000 startups in India by 2023.
NASSCOM organises the Indian Leadership Forum. It gives a platform to the developing companies to network and present their product. NASSCOM hosts National, International, Regional and Flagship events. Notable events include:
- NASSCOM Product Conclave
- NASSCOM Emerge 50
- Global In-house Centers Summit.
- Big Data Analytics Summit.
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit.
- HR Summit
- Nasscom Leadership Forum
- NASSCOM Engineering Summit
- Annual Information Security Summit
- NASSCOM Innotrek
NASSCOM Emerge 50 is an annual Indian awards ceremony honoring the most promising and innovative startups in software and technology domains. The awards, first presented in 2009, are overseen by NASSCOM.
The winners are chosen after a year long scrutiny process by a panel of eminent jury. Every year the top 10 startups are given the collective title of The League of 10.
Members of NASSCOM are Indian Co software development, software services, IT-enabled/BPO services. NASSCOM role has primarily been to make sure that service quality and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights have been properly implemented in the Indian software and BPO industry. As of June 2007, more than 1,110 information technology companies in India were members of NASSCOM, which included domestic software/ITES companies along with multinationals operating within India. NASSCOM has a Mentorship Programme for the mid-sized companies. This is a six-month engagement, which will help the organisation to develop a better assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Insights on industry trends
- Access to NASSCOM research and intelligence that tracks industry trends, growth opportunities and best practices.
- Access to industry presentations, blogs, discussions and articles.
- An opportunity to engage with the NASSCOM research team and share case studies or transformational stories.
- Opportunities to enhance visibility
- Visibility through features and interviews on the NASSCOM website, as well as the monthly newsletter, NASSCOM Newsline.
- Speak, sponsor or participant opportunities at NASSCOM events.
- Chance to contribute to blogs and newsletters as thought leaders.
- Brand building through NASSCOM awards and recognitions.
- Opportunity to network, build and share best practices
- Chance to use the member database on NASSCOM's website to post a trade lead, or participate in one.
- Chance to share or learn best practices through city-level networking sessions on human capital development, data security, contract management, quality, diversity and more.
- Global trade development
- Members can participate in opportunities for global networking and build business at NASSCOM's global events, and through delegations and road shows.
- Network with companies in other countries through their delegations to India.
- Receive information regularly about policy updates in countries.
- Understand issues related to visas, immigration through NASSCOM's mobility best practices sessions.
- Learn about trends and opportunities in markets through country reports.
Employees and members of executive council of NASSCOM include:
- Keshav R. Murugesh - Chairman of NASSCOM, 2019-2020
- Rishad Premji – Chairman of NASSCOM, 2018–2019
- Raman Roy - Chairman of NASSCOM, 2017–2018
- C. P. Gurnani – Chairman of NASSCOM, 2016–2017
- B V R Mohan Reddy – Chairman of NASSCOM, 2015–2016
- Debjani Ghosh - President of NASSCOM, 2018–present
- R Chandrasekhar – President of NASSCOM for 2013 – 2018 
- Somdutta Singh – Co-Chair of NASSCOM Product Council
- Harish Mehta - Founding Member and first elected Chairman of NASSCOM
- "Keshav Murugesh Appointed As Chairman Of Nasscom For 2019-20" (PDF). NASSCOM. 5 April 2019.
- "Executive Council". NASSCOM.
- "Vision and Mission". NASSCOM. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- Singh, Shelley (5 October 2016). "Why Nasscom 10K Startups - backed by Google, Microsoft, IBM - has had mixed success in India". The Economic Times. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Kurmanath, K. V. "Nasscom leadership forum, IT congress kick off in Hyderabad". @businessline. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "IIT KGP wins DSCI Excellence Award 2018 for Cyber Security Education at NASSCOM-DSCI - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Bureau, Our. "Nasscom's InnoTrek picks 40 start-ups for programme at Silicon Valley". @businessline. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Pullela Gopichand's masterclass: on scaling success from failure". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Startup Events This Week: NASSCOM's FISITA 2018 World Automotive Congress And More - Inc42". DailyHunt. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "NASSCOM Product".
- "Our People". NASSCOM. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "R Chandrashekhar is Nasscom chief". The Times of India. 6 January 2014.
- Kar, Sanghamitra (2 May 2017). "Nasscom appoints Somdutta Singh as co-chair of its Product Council 2017 - ETtech". ETtech.com. Retrieved 10 January 2018.