Mount Pleasant (TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mount Pleasant is a British comedy-drama which first aired on Sky 1 on 24 August 2011. The show moved to Sky Living in 2012, before moving back to Sky 1 in 2015. The show ended in a 90 minute special on 30 June 2017.
|Created by||Sarah Hooper|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||6|
|No. of episodes||53 (inc. 2 specials) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||60 minutes (inc. adverts) 90 minutes (inc. adverts) (2017 Special)|
|Production company(s)||Tiger Aspect Productions|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080i HDTV)|
|Original release||24 August 2011 –|
30 June 2017
Set in Manchester, the show is about the day-to-day life of the main character Lisa, her husband, her dad, as well as neighbours and colleagues. Each episode is an hour long (including adverts) and takes place in various locations, including the cul-de-sac Lisa lives in, her workplace, local pub The Dog and Dart, and more.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Sally Lindsay as Lisa Johnson
- Daniel Ryan as Dan Johnson
- Bobby Ball as Barry Harris
- Pauline Collins as Sue Harris (Series 1–2)
- Paula Wilcox as Pauline Johnson
- Adrian Bower as Greg Porter
- Angela Griffin as Shelley Porter (Series 1–2)
- Neil Fitzmaurice as Fergus Smythe
- Ainsley Howard as Denise Bradwell
- Sue Vincent as Margaret Harris
- Ted Robbins as Terry Harris
- Kris Sleater as Lloyd (Series 1)
- Jill Halfpenny as Emma (Series 1)
- Siân Reeves as Bianca (Series 1–4)
- Liza Tarbuck as Kate (Series 1–2)
- Owen McDonnell as Jack (Series 1–2)
- Diane Morgan as Talia (Series 1–2)
- Alexander Kirk as Jim (Series 1–2)
- Claire Goose as Kim (Series 2)
- Robson Green as Chris (Series 2)
- David Bradley as Charlie Johnson (Series 2–4)
- George Sampson as Gary (Series 2–4)
- James Dreyfus as Roger Jones (Series 2-6)
- Sophia Di Martino as Amber (Series 3)
- Samantha Womack as Tanya Porter (Series 3-6)
- Nigel Harman as Bradley Dawson (Series 3-6)
- Nicola Millbank as Ella Dawson (Series 3-6)
- Daniel Ings as Robbie Johnson (Series 4)
- Nicola Hughes as Jenna Miller (Series 5-6)
- Patrick Robinson as Cameron Miller (Series 5-6)
- Ellen Thomas as Nana Miller (Series 5-6)
- Asan N'Jie as Finn Miller (Series 5-6)
- Jordan Dawes as Ollie Oliver (Series 6)
- Jo Joyner as Jayne (Series 6)
- Emily May Townsend as Emily (Series 6)
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||8||24 August 2011||12 October 2011|
|2||9||22 August 2012||17 October 2012|
|Special||23 December 2012|
|3||8||11 September 2013||30 October 2013|
|4||8||16 September 2014||4 November 2014|
|5||8||11 September 2015||30 October 2015|
|6||10||30 August 2016||1 November 2016|
|Special||30 June 2017|
The series is produced by Tiger Aspect Productions for Sky1. The series is filmed in Hale, Trafford, Chorlton, Manchester, and at The Sharp Project studio in Newton Heath, Manchester. The first series was filmed throughout June 2011. As of 2016, the show has aired six series.
Home media releaseEdit
The complete first series of Mount Pleasant was released on DVD on 3 September 2012.
The complete second series of Mount Pleasant was released on DVD on 21 October 2013.
- "Production starts on new Sky comedy drama Mount Pleasant". British Comedy Guide. 2 March 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Mount Pleasant - Series 2 - Tiger Aspect". Tiger Aspect Productions. 21 August 2012. Archived from the original on 22 January 2013. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Former Coronation Street stars all smiles during filming of new comedy Mount Pleasant | Trafford News". menmedia.co.uk. 21 March 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Mount Pleasant - Series 1 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Mount Pleasant - Season 2 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 October 2014.