This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Claire Goose (born 10 February 1975) is a British actress. She played Tina Seabrook, a nurse in BBC One's Casualty, DS Mel Silver in Waking the Dead. and Inspector Rachel Weston in ITV's The Bill. She also narrated the last two series of Road Wars for digital satellite channel Sky 1 in 2009 and 2010.
10 February 1975|
|Education||Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts|
Born in Edinburgh, Goose was raised in Dersingham, Norfolk, England, where her father worked as a general practitioner. She has an elder sister, Caroline, a nursery nurse, and an elder brother, Duncan, an entrepreneur who started up the One Drinks company (best known for One Water), which donates its profit to clean water projects in Africa. Goose is a former pupil of Wisbech Grammar School and a graduate of the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.
Early theatre roles included Addicted to Love, and Hitting Home with Colin Tarrant at the Man in the Moon Theatre, written by James Woolf and directed by Dave Gillies. She also appeared in early adverts for Impulse women's body spray.
From 2015 she stars as the titular character in the BBC Birmingham daytime drama The Coroner, set in the fictional coastal town of Lighthaven in South Devon. The series ran to 20 episodes. The BBC announced on 2 March 2017 that there would be no further series.
|Awarding Body||Year||Category||Nominated work||Result||Ref.|
|Royal Television Society (Midlands awards)||2016||Best acting performance||Jane Kennedy in BBC series The Coroner||Won|||
- Loved Up in Men (1995)
- Casualty (nurse Tina Seabrook) for BBC Television (1997 - 2000)
- Alone (2001)
- Slap Bang (2001)
- Gifted (2003)
- Waking the Dead (DS Mel Silver) for BBC Television (2000–2004)
- L'Assommoir (Gervaise) for BBC Radio 4 (2004)
- Secret Smile (2005)
- Perfect Day (2005)
- Love Lies Bleeding (2006)
- Bad Day (2008)
- About a Dog (Sarah) for BBC Radio 4 (2007)
- The Bill (Inspector Rachel Weston) (TV series) (2008-2010)
- Road Wars (Narrator) (TV series, Series 7 Part II) (2009-2010)
- Hustle Series 7 (Albert Stroller's Daughter) (Feb 2011)
- Exile (May 2011)
- Mount Pleasant (2012)
- Undeniable (2014) (Jane)
- New Tricks (TV series) (2014)
- Death in Paradise (TV series) (2015) (Katie Peters) Episode 4.2
- The Coroner (TV series) (2015-2016) (Jane Kennedy) title character
- The Rezort (2015)
- T & G record. Transport and General Workers' Union (Great Britain). 2003. p. 26.
- "Waking the Dead". BBC. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- "Claire Goose Biography on IMDB". Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "The Bill actress Claire Goose reveals her joy at her first pregnancy... and how she nearly lost her unborn child". London: The Bill. 1 June 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- Stone, Andrew (7 December 2008). "How I made it: Duncan Goose, founder of One Water". London: The Times. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- "The Unforgotten's Claire Goose on taking time out to have kids and her juicy new role". 'Mirror'. 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "RTS Midlands awards". Retrieved 25 November 2016.