This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Morrison Academy (Chinese: 馬禮遜學校; pinyin: Mălĭxùn Xuéxiào; Wade–Giles: Ma-li-hsün Hsüeh-hsiao) is an international Christian school founded 1952 in Taichung, Taiwan. It primarily caters to the children of missionaries. Beyond the original Taichung location it also maintains a campus in Taipei and Morrison Academy Kaohsiung in Kaohsiung; other satellite campuses existed in the past.
216 Siping Rd.
Beitun District 40679
|Type||Private Christian Conservative International school|
|Motto||"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. " —- John 8:32|
|Principal||Scott Finch (K-8)|
Douglas Bradburn (9-12)
|Number of students||240 high school|
76 middle school
|Color(s)||Navy blue and white|
The school claims to teach from a "Christian perspective" and to use an "American-based" curriculum. The medium of instruction is English.
Morrison Academy's approach to education integrates "Biblical truth with educational knowledge". The academy teaches a Bible curriculum; other subject areas, including science and social studies, are taught to be used from a Christian perspective.
Morrison Academy teaches Earth Science, Life Science, Physical Science, and Engineering Design in elementary middle school. In high school, the scope and sequence are Biology, Chemistry, Human Anatomy, Physical Science, Physics, AP Biology, and AP Chemistry. Morrison Academy has a "Biblical worldview." The school's science curriculum guide states that, "Morrison Academy insists that God made the universe... Science, as exemplified in the scientific method, is a process that enables all mankind to gain knowledge about creation, the laws that govern it, and the character of God."
Views on marriageEdit
Morrison Academy actively promotes the biblical belief that marriage is "the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union" as per Genesis 2:18-25 and that sexual intimacy is "only between a man and a woman who are married to each other" as per Matthew 19:4-6. Although Morrison Academy emphasis marriage, divorce is not automatic grounds for job termination.
Morrison Academy's sports teams compete in the Asian Christian Schools Conference in basketball, in the Far East High School Girls Division II Volleyball Tournament which they won in 2011 and 2012, and in the TAS Tigersharks Invitational Swim.
- Draper, Edythe; Gorges, Helen (1992). The Almanac of the Christian World/1993-1994. Tyndale House. p. 434. ISBN 9780842316873.
- "About us". Morrison Academy. Retrieved 15 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Vision & Core Values". Morrison Academy. Retrieved 2019-03-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Bible Curriculum Guide" (PDF). Morrison Academy. Retrieved 2019-03-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Science Curriculum Guide". Morrison Academy. p. 5. Retrieved 2019-03-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Social Studies Curriculum Guide". Morrison Academy. p. 4. Retrieved 2019-03-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Science Curriculum Guide 2015" (PDF). Morrison Academy. Retrieved 10 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Science". Morrison Academy Taipei. Retrieved 10 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Christian Behavior and Professional Ethics". Morrison Academy. Retrieved 18 May 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Board Policies". Morrison Academy. Retrieved 10 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Garrido, A.T. (February 15, 2019). "Warriors teams head into playoffs". Pacific Daily News.
- "Morrison defends title; Kinnick-ASIJ at it again". Stars and Stripes. November 9, 2012.
- Monroyo, Roselyn (November 2, 2017). "SSC swimmers off to Taiwan meet". Saipan Tribune.
- "女籃第1長人 196cm包喜樂報到". Retrieved 18 March 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mitchell, Marcia; Mitchell, Thomas (2008). The Spy Who Tried to Stop a War: Katharine Gun and the Secret Plot to Sanction the Iraq Invasion.
- David, Emily. "Talented Freya Lim keeps moving forward". taiwanfun.com. Retrieved 18 August 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "陶喆个人基本信息". 搜狐音乐. Retrieved 19 August 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)