This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2016)
Mormon pornography is a subgenre of pornography-themed around the Mormon religion. Journalist Isha Aran writes that the genre originated in 2010 with the launch of the gay porn site MormonBoyz.com, which portrays sexual relationships between Elders. The more recent site MormonGirlz.com features both straight and lesbian relationships between Mormon characters. Mormonboyz.com founder Legrand Wolf (which is not his real name) proclaims himself under his false name to have graduated from Brigham Young University (BYU) with a Doctorate Degree, as well as to being an ex-Mormon.
Mormon pornography portrays both Mormon underwear and the secret rituals that take place in Mormon temples as erotic in nature. According to Aran, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints itself views Mormon pornography as blasphemous.
- Tharrett, Matthew (April 25, 2016). "Utah Pride Festival Bans Porn Site For Fetishizing Gay Mormons". New Now Next.
- "Mormon-Themed Porn Is Apparently a Booming Business". Vice. December 5, 2014.
- Burris, Sarah K. (April 28, 2016). "Inside the Bizarre World of Mormon Porn—Which Is Freaking out the Church and Utah Lawmakers". Alter Net.
- Dark, Stephen (July 20, 2015). "Mormon-Themed Porn Unites Sex, Faith and Celluloid". Salt Lake City Weekly. Daily Feed.
- Limon, Enrique (April 20, 2016). "Pride & Prejudice". Salt Lake City Weekly.
Can't we all just get along? Asks Mormon-porn producer
- Feinberg, Ashley (April 8, 2014). "The Bubble Porn Video: No Nudity, But Extremely NSFW". Gizmodo.
|This pornography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|