This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Molloy College is a private Catholic college in Long Island, New York. It provides more than 50 academic undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs for around 4,900 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic (Dominican)|
|President||Drew Bogner, Ph.D.|
|Campus||Rockville Centre, Suffolk Center, Manhattan Center (50 Broadway)|
|Athletics||NCAA Division II|
|Colours||White and Cerise|
|Mascot||Victor E. Lion|
In 1941 the Sisters of St. Dominic purchased 25 acres in Rockville Centre. In 1955 the Dominican Sisters of Amityville founded Molloy Catholic College. It was established as a women's college appointing Mother Anselma Ruth, O.P., Ph.D., as the first president. A year later the first institutional building called Quealy Hall opened. Soon after, Mother Bernadette de Lourdes, O.P., was appointed as the second president followed by the opening of Kellenburg Hall. In 1959 the first commencement ceremony took place celebrating the first graduating class. In 1971 its name was changed to Molloy College. In 1972 it began accepting men into the nursing program and in 1982 became fully coeducational.
Student Life and Graduation RatesEdit
Molloy College offers over 60 clubs and organizations. Some are founded on academics but others are centered around a cultural theme.
50.8% of four-year students actually graduate in four years. 71.8 graduate within 6 years. 77% of white students graduate in six years. 55.6% of Hispanic students graduate within 6 years. 50% of African-American students graduate within six years. 
Molloy has three residence halls that house nearly 350 students, Maria Regina, Fitzgerald, and Bogner Hall, which opened in August, 2019. Dorms are co-ed but the halls and wings are separated by gender. Students living on campus have a choice of three different meal plans, and the school provides daily shuttle service for dining, shopping, or the train. 
The Madison Theatre at Molloy College opened in the late fall of 2011. The 550-seat theater hosts a variety of performers from the world of theater, music, dance, cabaret, comedy and more. Madison Theatre's Artistic Director is Angelo Fraboni, a Broadway performer who has produced and managed a range of Off-Broadway productions and tours.
Molloy College's academic structure has four distinct schools (Business, Education & Human Services, Nursing & Health Sciences, and Arts & Sciences) under which individual academic departments fall.  The Vice-President for Academic Affairs is the senior administrator for Molloy College academics.
Molloy College faculty is made up of 74.7% part-time adjunct-faculty - 723 in number. 26.3% of faculty are full-time professors - 190 in number. The adjunct-faculty is about twice the percentage of the typical not-for-profit college or university, whose average adjunct-faculty composition is between 30%-40%.
The athletic program is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division II. The teams are known as the Lions. The College has 19 athletic teams: seven men's (soccer, basketball, lacrosse, cross-country, baseball, indoor track & field, and outdoor track and field) and twelve women's (volleyball, softball, lacrosse, soccer, basketball, tennis, bowling, field hockey, rugby, indoor track and field, outdoor track and field, and cross-country). One player from their basketball team, Jaylen Morris, managed to play professionally in the NBA after graduation. In addition to the Molloy Men's Rugby Club, the College's club sports include the equestrian team and the cheerleading and dance squads.
The Molloy College Softball team earned a trip to the College World Series during three out of the last seven seasons. Also, during 2014–15 Molloy had two of its student-athletes named All-American selections.
• According to College Factual in June of 2019, Molloy College provides a quality education, but is rated poorly for cost when compared to similar colleges in New York State. As a result, College Factual rated Molloy College #951 out of 1,510 nationally in Best Colleges for the Money list
- Named the # 3 Best Value in the U.S. by Money magazine (a year after being their number one value)
• Named a Top Ten Best Value among Catholic universities (College Values Online) • Consistently named one of the top academic institutions in the N. east by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report • Named one of the Top 200 colleges in the nation by The Wall Street Journal • Ranked among the best in the country for earnings by graduates (Georgetown University study) • Ranked in the top ten in the country for graduate earnings in a study published by The Chronicle of Higher Education • Residence Halls – named # 1 in NY State and # 73 in country by niche.com 2016 • College of Distinction – Summer 2017 • # 2 Safest Colleges in America Niche.com (Oct 2017) # 10 best Nursing program in the U.S. by schools.com (Nov 15, 2017) • #36 in NY State re: Student Loan Repayment Success Rate (March ’18, The Student Loan Report) • Named # 17 Best Regional Universities – North (College Consensus) April ‘18 • #35 Catholic College in the US (College Consensus) May ‘18 • Women’s Choice Awards May ‘18 • Money magazine # 11 in U.S. in “most transformative” colleges July ‘18 • Named # 23 in NY State by College Consensus Sept ‘18 • US News Named Molloy # 25 in North (# 41 prior year) Sept ‘18 • The Wall St. Journal -- # 18 in US in value-added colleges Sept 18
• Named the # 1 College to Study Healthcare Professions (College Factual) • Named the # 1 Nursing program in the country (Niche.com) • Named the # 16 Music Therapy program in the country by The Best Schools • # 10 best Nursing program in the U.S. by schools.com (Nov 15, 2017) • Top CPA passing grade amongst all Long Island institutions (Feb’18. ) • Jan ’18 – Social Work # 17 in country College Factual • Named one of best Speech-Language Pathology master’s programs in the U.S. by Speech Pathology GradPrograms.org April ‘18 • Named #13 Best Health Sciences degree in U.S. by College Choice April ’18 • #53 in U.S. for Philosophy and Religious Studies programs…by biggerfaith.org Sept ‘18 • Criminal Justice # 13 in U.S. College Factual Oct ‘18 • Nursing # 1 program in U.S. College Factual Oct ’18 • Nursing…# 55 in Mid-Atlantic region, # 16 in New York (nursingschoolsalmanac.com)
- Ziegler, Patrick (2005). Encyclopedia of New York State (8th ed.). Peter R. Eisenstadt and Laura-Eve Moss. p. 997.
- "Molloy College: Clubs and Organizations". www.molloy.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Residence Life", Molloy College, retrieved 2016-03-01
- "Madison Theatre". madisontheatreny.org. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Molloy College: Academic Division Structure 2017 - 2018".
- "Molloy College Faculty Composition". 2013-02-20.
- "Are Full-Time Faculty Being Adjunctified? Recent Data Show Otherwise". 2017-05-19.
- "Molloy scraps way to Div. II World Series". Newsday. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Molloy College: Academic All-Americans for two at Molloy College". www.molloy.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Molloy College Value". 2013-02-20.
- "The Best Colleges for the Money". 2013-02-20.