Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed is a media company and online publication that provides news, opinion, resources, events and jobs focused on college and university topics. Quad Partners has a controlling interest in the publication.
|Editor||Scott Jaschik & Doug Lederman|
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Circulation||3.67 million monthly, as of April 2020|
Inside Higher Ed publishes daily and content includes news stories, opinion essays and career advice. The publication also hosts several blogs on education topics, including "Confessions of a Community College Dean," "Conditionally Accepted" and "GradHacker." It also publishes Admissions Matters, an online publication about college admissions and enrollment news. In 2018, Inside Higher Ed began publishing supplemental reports in addition to its regular news and editorial offerings. Inside Higher Ed publishes a weekly podcast, "The Key with Inside Higher Ed," in which editors and reporters discuss the challenges posed to higher education by the pandemic and recession, with a particular focus on lower-income students.
Since 2012, Inside Higher Ed and Gallup have partnered to annually survey higher education professionals. In addition, Inside Higher Ed publishes the American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) Faculty Compensation Survey data.
The company is based in Washington, D.C., United States. It was founded in 2004 by Scott Jaschik and Doug Lederman, two former editors of The Chronicle of Higher Education, as well as Kathlene Collins, formerly a business manager for The Chronicle.
Inside Higher Ed's content regularly appears in other publications such as Slate and Business Insider. Inside Higher Ed has been recognized by The Association for the Study of Higher Education and NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education.
- Marketing Solutions Lab, Inside Higher Ed, March 1, 2016
- Quad Partners Acquires Stake in Inside Higher Ed, Education News, January 22, 2015
- GradHacker Now Available at Inside Higher Ed, GradHacker, September 16, 2014
- Higher Education Special Reports, Inside Higher Ed, June 21, 2018
- Inside Higher Ed Podcast, North American Interfraternity Conference
- Zac Auter, What Gallup Learned About Higher Education in 2017, Gallup, December 27, 2017
- Annys Shin, Inside Higher Ed Emphasizes Online Focus, The Washington Post, March 7, 2005; Page E05
- Lia Miller, New Web site for Academics Roils Education Journalism, The New York Times, February 14, 2005
- Inside Higher Ed, Slate, last accessed April 17, 2017
- Inside Higher Ed - Business Insider, Business Insider, last accessed April 17, 2017
- ASHE Special Merit Award, "The Association for the Study of Higher Education", last accessed April 17, 2017
- Outstanding Contribution to Higher Education Award, "NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education", last accessed May 7, 2020
|This online magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.