Moj is an Indian video-sharing social networking service, owned by Bangalore-based Mohalla Tech Pvt Ltd . It offers features special effects, short videos, emoticons stickers and genres like dance, travel, singing, acting, comedy, and education, that have a duration from 15 seconds to one minute. Moj allows users to download videos and supports 15 languages. Moj was released almost immediately after TikTok was banned by the Indian Government and more than 100 million users have downloaded it in short period of time .
|Original author(s)||Ankush Sachdeva|
|Initial release||June 2020|
|Available in||16 languages|
Moj gained immediate popularity due to the Indian government's decision in June 2020 to ban 59 Chinese apps in India.
Moj's parent company ShareChat was developed by Mohalla Tech Pvt Ltd. which was founded by Ankush Sachdeva, Bhanu Pratap Singh and Farid Ahsan.
Moj was launched on 29 June 2020. The app crossed more than 50 thousand downloads on the Google Play Store in 2 days. As of January 2021 Moj crossed 100 million download on the play store in just 6 months.
- "Moj - Snack on Indian Short Videos - Made in India - Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 1 April 2021.
- "Moj - Short Video App on the App Store". a apps.apple.com. Retrieved 1 April 2021.
- "ShareChat launches Moj, a made in India TikTok rival and it's off to a blazing start". The Financial Express. 3 July 2020. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- "ShareChat's TikTok rival Moj sees massive surge in downloads". The Indian Express. 6 July 2020. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- "ShareChat launches Moj, a made in India TikTok rival and it's off to a blazing start". The Financial Express. 3 July 2020. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- Murgia, Madhumita (7 April 2021). "ShareChat valued at $2bn after India's TikTok ban". Financial Times. Retrieved 3 June 2021.
- "Akin to TikTok, ShareChat launches short video app Moj". Entrackr. July 2020. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- "Moj Wants to Become the Indian TikTok With Its Rising Popularity". NDTV Gadgets 360. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- "TikTok, Chingari Short Video rival Moj App surpasses 100 mn downloads on Google Play Store in just 6 months". Zee Business. 19 January 2021. Retrieved 5 February 2021.