Mister Maker is a preschool television series commissioned by Michael Carrington at the BBC for CBeebies. The series launched in 2007 and also airs on BBC One and BBC Two. In the United States and Latin America the series airs on the Discovery Familia network, dubbed in Spanish and in Portuguese in Brazil. In Canada, the series airs on Treehouse TV. To date three series have been commissioned from The Foundation (part of RDF Media). It also airs in Australia on ABC2. The series comprises a mixture of animation and real time content. A total of 3 spin-offs were produced, Mister Maker Comes to Town, Mister Maker Around the World and Mister Maker's Arty Party, which began airing on CBeebies in 2010, 2013 and 2015 respectively. Mister Maker is portrayed by Phil Gallagher.
|Written by||(Script by)|
|Directed by||James Morgan|
|Opening theme||Make it Mister Maker|
|Ending theme||Make it Mister Maker (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||60|
|Executive producer(s)||Vanessa Hill|
|Running time||19 min (2007-2009)|
|Production company(s)||The Foundation|
|Original release||5 November 2007– 25 December 2009|
|Followed by||Mister Maker Comes to Town|
|Related shows||Justin's House|
Every episode has the following sequence:
- Mister Maker has a Creative Idea
- The Shapes
- Minute Make It Time
- The Colour Kids make a picture
- One more Creative Idea is demonstrated
- Time To Go
Mister Maker does something interesting and that gives him an idea of what to make. He collects the required things from the Doodle drawers or an art and craft shop and makes it. Then he wakes up the shapes who perform a song and a dance, followed by a randomly selected shape (circle, triangle, square or rectangle) to form a picture or to find how many (particular shape) are there. Tocky the cuckoo clock, then pops out for Minute Make Time and Mister Maker will make something in a minute, usually completing it just before the timer stops. The colour kids (Jodie Griffiths, Olivia Lockett, Mackenzie Roylance, Georgia Pickles and Amy Lees) will ask from the window to Mister Maker to guess what they would make with their 'colour costumes'. It is followed by Frame It where Mister Maker makes something 'ever so good' that the viewers will be able to frame it. Mister Maker will be confronted by something, and that will give him an idea on what to make next. The show then ends showing credits and Mister Maker putting everything back into the art box and reminding viewers to go on the CBeebies website.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- nominated for Best Presenter (Phil Gallagher/Mister Maker)
- "CBeebies - Mister Maker – Have fun with art and crafts". BBC. 1 January 1970. Archived from the original on 11 December 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Mister Maker gets more". Broadcast. Emap. 18 March 2008. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "Programación de Discovery Kids". Tudiscoverykids.com. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Licensing.biz". Licensing.biz. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Past Winners and Nominees - Children's - Awards - 2009". BAFTA. Retrieved 17 March 2010.