Ministry of Religious Affairs (Bangladesh)
The Ministry of Religious Affairs (Bengali: ধর্ম বিষয়ক মন্ত্রণালয়) (abbreviated as MoRA) is the ministry responsible for religious events, buildings and Hajj in Bangladesh.
|ধর্ম বিষয়ক মন্ত্রণালয়|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Bangladesh|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Religious Affairs|
|Annual budget||500 crore taka 59 million dollars|
The ministry is responsible for the management of Hajj and Umrah in Bangladesh.Biswa Ijtema is also managed by the ministry. The ministry gained some attention after using Arabic letter to discourage public urination.
- Waqf Administration
- Christian Religious Welfare Trust
- Bangladesh Hajj Office
- Buddhist Religious Welfare Trust
- Islamic Foundation Bangladesh (Bengali: ইসলামিক ফাউন্ডেশন বাংলাদেশ) is a government organization established in 1975 under the ministry working to disseminate values and ideals of Islam and carry out activities related to those values and ideals. The Head Office of the Foundation is in Dhaka, which is supported by 6 divisional offices and 64 district offices, as well as 7 Imam Training Academy Centers and 29 Islamic Mission Centers. The Director General is the Chief Executive of the Foundation.
- Hindu Religious Welfare Trust is a statutory body under the ministry which is responsible for the welfare of the Hindu community and the maintenance of Hindu temples.
The ministry has faced allegation of corruption in Hajj management.
- "Saudi lifts ban on Umrah visa for Bangladesh". Dhaka Tribune. UNB. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Tk 3.05 lakh to be minimum cost". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "'Four-phase Ijtema will not create confusion'". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Bangladesh uses Arabic to stop public urination". Russia Today. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Anam, Tahmima. "Bangladesh's Very Public Toilet Crisis". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Amran, Syed Mohammed Shah; Ali, Syed Ashraf (2012). "Islamic Foundation Bangladesh". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Islamic Foundation, Bangladesh Directory; Retrieved: 25 December 2007
- "Welcome". hindutrust.gov.bd. Hindu Trust. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Secretary points finger at religion minister over Tk 60 million Hajj rent fraud". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
|This article about government and politics in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|