Ministry of Maritime Affairs (Pakistan)
The Ministry of Maritime Affairs (Urdu: وزارت ساحلی امور) which was formerly known as the Ministry of Ports and Shipping (renamed in October 2017) is a Federal Ministry of the Government of Pakistan. The current Minister for Maritime Affairs is Ali Haider Zaidi.
|وزارت ساحلی امور|
|Headquarters||Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory|
The Ministry is headed by the Maritime Secretary of Pakistan. Keeping in view its close links with the seaports, a division of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs is established in Karachi which includes a number of wings and attached departments each headed by a high-grade civil servant or bureaucrat.
Wings and Attached DepartmentsEdit
- Before 2004, Ports and Shipping was a subject and part of the Ministry of Communications
- In 2004, the Ministry of Ports and Shipping emerged as a separate and independent Federal Ministry of the Government of Pakistan
- In October 2017, the Ministry was again restructured and renamed as Ministry of Maritime Affairs(Pakistan)
The Role of MinistryEdit
The Ministry officials look over the administrative and policy matters of the Federal Ministry including policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Apart from that, the attached wings and departments established in Karachi deal with their respective domains under the administration of the Federal Ministry of Maritime Affairs(Pakistan).
- Official Site of Ministry of Maritime Affiars(Pakistan)
- Official Site of Government Shipping Office
- Official Site of Pakistan Marine Academy
- Official Site of Pakistan National Shipping Corporation
- Official Site of Port Qasim Authority
- Official Site of Karachi Port Trust
- Official Site of Gawadar Port Authority
- Webmaster (11 October 2017). "Ports,Shipping renamed as Ministry of Maritime Affairs - PakObserver".
|This article about government in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|