Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development
The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development (Norwegian: Kommunal- og regionaldepartementet) is a Norwegian ministry established in 1948. It is responsible for the housing and building, regional and rural policy, municipal and county administration and finances, and the conduct of elections. It is currently headed by minister Nikolai Astrup (Conservative) since 2020.
The ministry has 190 employees and is divided into five departments:
- The Department of Local Government
- The Department of Regional Development
- The Housing and Building Department
- Minister Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa (Centre Party)
- State Secretary Janne Sjelmo Nordås (Centre Party)
- State Secretary Dag-Henrik Sandbakken (Centre Party)
- Political Adviser Lars Erik Bartnes (Centre Party)
- Norwegian State Housing Bank, or Husbanken, issues loans for housing.
- National Office of Building Technology and Administration, or Statens bygningstekniske etat, expertise within building technology.
- Ulrik Olsen, 1948–1958
- Andreas Zeier Cappelen, 1958–1963
- Oskar Skogly, 1963
- Bjarne Lyngstad, 1963
- Jens Haugland, 1963–1965
- Helge Seip, 1965–1970
- Helge Rognlien, 1970-1971
- Odvar Nordli, 1971–1972
- Johan Skipnes, 1972–1973
- Leif Jørgen Aune, 1973–1978
- Arne Nilsen, 1978–1979
- Inger Louise Valle, 1979–1980
- Harriet Andreassen, 1980–1981
- Arne Rettedal, 1981–1986
- Leif Haraldseth, 1986–1987
- William Engseth, 1987–1988
- Kjell Borgen, 1988–1989
- Johan J. Jakobsen, 1989–1990
- Kjell Borgen, 1990–1992
- Gunnar Berge, 1992–1996
- Kjell Opseth, 1996–1997
- Ragnhild Haarstad, 1997–1999
- Odd Roger Enoksen, 1999–2000
- Sylvia Brustad, 2000–2001
- Erna Solberg, 2001–2005
- Åslaug Haga, 2005–2007
- Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa, 2007–2009
- Liv Signe Navarsete, 2009–2013
- Jan Tore Sanner, 2013-2018
- Monica Mæland, 2018-2020
- Nikolai Astrup, 2020-
- Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development. "About the Ministry". Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development. "Minister of Local Government and Regional Development Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa". Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development. "Other political staff". Archived from the original on 2008-01-10. Retrieved 2008-04-26.