The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (Norwegian: Arbeids- og sosialdepartementet) is a Norwegian ministry established in 1916. It is responsible for the labour market, the working environment, pensions, welfare, social security, integration, immigration, asylum, minorities and the Sami. Since 24 January 2020 the department has been led by Torbjørn Røe Isaksen (Conservative Party).
- 1 September 1885–22 February 1946: Norwegian Ministry of Labour
- 20 December 1948–31 December 1989: Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Labour (see Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development)
- 1 January 1998–1 October 2004: Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Government Administration (see Ministry of Government Administration, Reform and Church Affairs)
- 1 January 2006–31 December 2009: Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Inclusion
- 1 January 2010–2013: Norwegian Ministry of Labour
- 2014 –: Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Arbeids- og velferdsetaten (Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service) — Administers age- and disability pensions and other welfare and manages unemployment.
- Arbeids- og velferdsdirektoratet (Norwegian Directorate of Labour and Welfare) — Manages the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service.
- Arbeidsretten (Labour Court of Norway) — Court that takes under consideration disputes about validity, interpretation and existence of collective agreements, questions regarding breach of collective agreements, questions regarding breach of the peace obligation, and claims for damages resulting from such breaches.
- Arbeidstilsynet (Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority) — Authority aimed at occupational health and safety.
- Pensjonstrygden for sjømenn (Norwegian Pension Insurance for Seamen) — Administers the seamen's pension.
- Petroleumstilsynet (Petroleum Safety Authority Norway) — Ensures occupational safety and health in the petroleum industry.
- Riksmekleren (State Conciliator of Norway) — Negotiates wage and tariff disputes between employer and labour unions.
- Statens arbeidsmiljøinstitutt (National Institute of Occupational Health) — Research.
- Statens pensjonskasse (Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund)
Standing Committees and BoardsEdit
- Rikslønnsnemnda (National Wages Board)
- Tariffnemnda (Collective Bargaining Board)
- Rehabil, rehabilitation workplace
- ^ Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Inclusion. "About the Ministry". Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Norwegian Ministry of Labor
- Norwegian Labor and Welfare Service
- Labour Court of Norway
- Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- Norwegian Pension Insurance for Seamen
- Petroleum Safety Authority Norway
- State Conciliator of Norway
- National Institute of Occupational Health
- Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- National Wages Board
- Collective Bargaining Board