Ministry of Home Affairs (Bangladesh)
The Ministry of Home Affairs is a ministry of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. An interior ministry, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. It contains two divisions 1. Public Security Division, 2. Security Service Division It is modeled after the home ministry of other countries, such as countries of the European Union.
|Formed||April 14, 1971|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Bangladesh|
|Headquarters||Building No. 8, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka|
|Annual budget||৳88.576 billion (US$1.0 billion) (2013-2014)|
The ministerial team at the MHA (mha.gov.bd) is headed by the Minister of Home Affairs, who is assigned to them to manage the ministers office and ministry.
- Minister — Mr. Asaduzzaman Khan, MP (Bangladesh Awami League)
Home Secretary and other senior officialsEdit
The Ministers are supported by a number of civilian, scientific and professional advisors. The Home Secretary is the senior civil servant at the MHA. His/Her role is to ensure the MHA operates effectively as a department of the government.
- Home Secretary — Mostafa Kamal Uddin
Public Security DivisionEdit
- Matters relating to coordination by administrative, diplomatic, security, intelligence, legal, regulatory and economic agencies of the country for the management of international borders, creation of infrastructure like roads/fencing and floodlighting of borders, border areas development programme pilot project on Multi-purpose National Identity Card.
- Dealing with management of coastal borders.
- Dealing with management assistance of law and order along with other enforcement agencies. Village Defence Party works for the village law and order along with socioeconomic development.
Security Services DivisionEdit
- Controls the Illegal trafficking, use and consumption of narcotic Drugs.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-04-24. Retrieved 2014-03-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Home ministry gets two divisions". Retrieved 2016-09-17.