Ministry of Energy (Iran)
Ministry of Energy (Persian: وزارت نیرو Vezârat-e Niru), is the main organ of the Government in charge of the regulation and implementation of policies applicable to energy, electricity, water and wastewater services.
|Formed||3 December 1936|
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
History and profileEdit
Being founded on 17 October 1936, the ministry was established to provide electricity in Tehran. On 20 May 1943, its portfolio was expanded to include water management in the country. It was later renamed as the ministry of water and electricity on 17 March 1964. Later on 17 February 1975, after the parliamentary approval it became ministry of energy. On 10 May 1978, under energy minister Jahanguir Mahdmina, the ministry's function was expanded to contain the construction and operation of nuclear power plants in the country.
After the Iranian revolution in 1979 some parliamentary changes took place for the duties of the ministry. On 12 July 1980, some of the functions of the ministry were given to the ministry of agriculture. On 7 March 1983, water management, and fair distribution of water resources were made part of the ministry of energy.
Ministry of Energy is responsible for management of supply and demand of water, electricity, energy, and wastewater services and also promoting the training, research and technology, and bedding for goods and services market in water and electrical industry. It also plays a major role in preservation of natural resources, environment protection, public health promotion, welfare and self-sufficiency for sustainable development of the country.
The ministry consists of five deputies as follows:
- Deputy for Research and Human Resources
- Deputy for Planning and Economic Affairs
- Deputy for Electricity and Energy
- Deputy for Water and Wastewater
- Deputy for Support, Legal, and Parliamentary Affairs
List of ministersEdit
The last energy minister before the 1979 Iranian revolution was Jahanguir Mahdmina.
- جزییات تعداد کارمندان دولت در سال ۹۷ Tasnim News
- Mir M.Hosseini. "Foundation of the Ministry of Energy". Fouman. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Nikravesh, Ardakanian and Alemohammad, Institutional Capacity Development of Water Resources Management in Iran: [https://web.archive.org/web/20161018153716/http://www.gwp.org/Global/ToolBox/References/Capacity%20Development%20for%20Improved%20Water%20Management%20%28UNESCO-IHE%2CUNW-DPC%2C%202009%29.pdf Archived 18 October 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- History, Ministry of Energy, Retrieved 29 June 2010. Archived 3 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Vision, Ministry of Energy, Retrieved 29 June 2010. Archived 26 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Persons referred to at point (2) of Article 1". Official Journal of the EU. October 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- Organization Chart, Ministry of Energy, Retrieved 29 June 2010. Archived 29 March 2010 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministry of Energy (Iran).|