Ministry of Development (Brunei)
The Ministry of Development (MoD; Malay: Kementerian Pembangunan) is a ministry in the government of Brunei responsible for public works, land use, environment, public housing and national geomatics. The current Minister of Development is Suhaimi bin Gafar and has held office since 2018.
|Jurisdiction||Government of Brunei|
|Headquarters||Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei|
|Annual budget||$807 million BND (2018)|
|Deputy Minister responsible|
The ministry is responsible for the following departments:
- Department of Environment, Parks and Recreation (Jabatan Alam Sekitar, Taman dan Rekreasi, abbreviated JASTRe) — responsible for waste management, public landscaping, management of recreational areas, and environmental conservation and policy
- Housing Development Department (Jabatan Kemajuan Perumahan) — manages public housing in Brunei, mainly the National Housing Scheme and the Landless Indigenous Citizens' Housing Scheme
- Lands Department (Jabatan Tanah) — responsible for the enforcement of land law, and administers land ownership
- Public Works Department (Jabatan Kerja Raya) — mainly develops and manages public buildings, roads infrastructure, water services and sewerage
- Survey Department (Jabatan Ukur) — responsible for cadastral surveying, hydrography, administrative divisions, country boundary and calculation of Hijri calendar
- Department of Town and Country Planning (Jabatan Perancang Bandar dan Desa) — oversees urban planning
- "Kementerian Pembangunan - Timbalan Menteri Pembangunan" (in Malay). Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "HM announces surprise cabinet reshuffle — full list of new appointees". The Scoop. 30 January 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "XE: Convert BND/USD. Brunei Darussalam Dollar to United States Dollar". xe.com. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "14th LegCo session ends with $5.3B budget passed - The Scoop". The Scoop. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Ministry of Development official website (in Malay)