Ministry of Trade and Industry (Ghana)
The Minister for Trade and Industry is the Ghana government official responsible for running the ministry.
The ministry is responsible for advising the government on the private sector development, trade and the industry formation within the local and the international front. it also sees to the formulation and implementation of policies as well as representing the government in the international duties and bodies like the World Trade Organization. The ministry has eight division headed by the Chief Director and have three other units that aid in the smooth running of the ministry namely- legal, Internal audit and Communications and Public Affairs.
List of Ghanaian Trade MinistersEdit
|Number||Minister||Took office||Left office||Government||Party|
|1||Kojo Botsio (MP)||1957||1958||Nkrumah government||Convention People's Party|
|2||Patrick Kwame Kusi Quaidoo||1958||1960|
|3||Ferdinand Koblavi Dra Goka||July 1960||May 1961|
|4||Lawrence Rosario Abavana (MP)||May 1961||October 1961 (role was merged with the Ministry of Finance in October 1961)|
|5||R.S. Amegashie||1966||1969||National Liberation Council||Military government|
|6||R. A. Quarshie||1969||1972||Busia government||Progress Party|
|7||Roger Joseph Felli||1972||National Redemption Council||Military government|
|8||Colonel Kobina Adduah Quashie||1975||1979||Supreme Military Council|
|9||J.L.S. Abbey||1979||1979||Armed Forces Revolutionary Council|
|10||Francis Kwame Buah||1979||1980||Limann government||People's National Party|
|11||Vincent Y. Bulla||1980|
|12||Kofi Djin ?||Provisional National Defence Council||Military government|
12 Aanaa Ening
|15||Emma Mitchell||Jan 1996||Rawlings government||National Democratic Congress|
|16||John Frank Abu|
|17||Dan Abodakpi||Jan 2001|
|18||Kofi Konadu Apraku||2001||2003||Kufuor government||New Patriotic Party|
|21||Papa Owusu-Ankomah (MP)||2008||2009|
|22||Hanna Tetteh ||2009||2012||Mills government||National Democratic Congress|
|23||Haruna Iddrisu (MP)||14 February 2013||16 July 2014|
|24||Ekwow Spio-Garbrah||16 July 2014||6 January 2017|
|25||Alan John Kyerematen||28 January 2017||incumbent||Akufo-Addo government||New Patriotic Party|
- "Contacts". Ministry of Trade and Industry. Retrieved 2019-10-20.
Ministry of Trade and Industry Administrative Office, Ministries Accra, Ghana.
- "Ministry of Trade and Industry - About The Ministry". moti.gov.gh. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "Ministry of Trade and Industry - Organisation of the Ministry". moti.gov.gh. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "1957 Govt. of Ghana". Photo Archive. Ghana Home Page. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Alan John Kwadwo Kyerematen" (PDF). www.wto.org/. World Trade Organization. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Hannah Tetteh (Foreign Affairs Minister)". Ghanaweb. GhanaWeb. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Ministerial reshuffle: Spio rejoins gov't". Ghanaweb. GhanaWeb. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Nana Addo swears in 12 ministers". Ghanaweb. Ghanaweb.