Miner Willy is the protagonist in a series of platform games for the ZX Spectrum, MSX, Amstrad CPC and the Commodore 64 home computers. The first two games - Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy - were written by computer-game programmer Matthew Smith during the early 1980s.
The series started in 1983 with the release of Manic Miner, and was followed up a year later with Jet Set Willy (one of the best selling video games of all time) and Jet Set Willy II. Another game in the series, The Perils of Willy, was released solely for the Commodore VIC-20. Andre's Night Off was published as a type-in listing in the June 1984 issue of Computer & Video Games. In addition, quite a few unofficial sequels, remakes, homages and updates have been released.
Games in the seriesEdit
- "PCW Article on Matthew Smith". www.carlylesmith.karoo.net. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Matthew Smith interview with Iain Lee". Thumb Candy. Archived from the original on 2010-06-05. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- The Perils of Willy at VIC 20 Gamer Archived February 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-04-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Andre's night off instructions
- World of Spectrum listing, showing the large number of fan-made Jet Set Willy sequels.