Minamikyushu Expressway (南九州自動車道 Minami-Kyūshū jidōshadō) is one of the Expressways of Japan from Yatsushiro to Kagoshima linking with the Kyushu Expressway. It runs through the southern half of Kumamoto prefecture, and the northern half of the Kagoshima prefecture. The total length is 140 km.
|Length||140 km (90 mi)|
|From||Yatsushiro Junction in Yatsushiro, Kumamoto|
|To||Kagoshima Junction in Kagoshima, Kagoshima|
|Major cities||Minamata, Izumi, Akune, Satsumasendai,|
|National highways of Japan|
Expressways of Japan
The first section of the expressway was opened to traffic in 1988. As of March 2007 the expressway incomplete in many areas. The next sections are scheduled to open in 2009 (Tanoura Interchange to Ashikita Interchange). After this, Most of the incomplete areas will be built according to the New Direct Control System, whereby the burden for construction costs will be shared by the national and local governments and no tolls will be collected. Currently the section between Hinagu Interchange and Tsunagi Interchange, Noda Interchange and Akune Interchange, and Satsumasendai-Mizuhiki Interchange and Ichiki Interchange operates according to this principle.
- October 19, 1988, a section from Kagoshima-nishi to Kagoshima Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 26, 1998, a section from Ijuin to Kagoshima-nishi Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- April 20, 1998, a section from Yatsushiro Junction to Yatsushiro-minami Interchange was opened to traffic.
- October 6, 2001, a section from Yatsushiro-minami to Hinagu Interchange was opened to traffic.
- April 6, 2002, a section from Ichiki to Ijuin Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- February 27, 2005, a section from Hinagu to Tanoura Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 13, 2005, a section from Kushikino to Ichiki Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 3, 2007, a section from Satsumasendai-Miyako to Kushikino Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 31, 2008, the Miyama Interchange was opened.
- April 29, 2009, a section from Tanoura to Ashikita Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 10, 2013, a section from Satsumasendai-Mizuhiki to Satsumasendai-Takae Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 7, 2015, a section from Satsumasendai-Takae to Satsumasendai-Miyako Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 29, 2015, a section from Akune-kita to Akune Interchange was opened to traffic.
- December 19, 2015, a section from Noda to Akune-kita Interchange was opened to traffic.
- February 27, 2016, a section from Ashikita to Tsunagi Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 11, 2017, a section from Tanaono-kita to Noda Interchange was opened to traffic.
- November 12, 2017, a section from Izumi to Tanaono-kita Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 2, 2019, a section from Tsunagi to Minamata Interchange was opened to traffic.
- IC - interchange, JCT - junction, SA - service area, PA - parking area, BS - bus stop, TN - tunnel, BR - bridge, TB - toll gate
- Bus stops labeled "○" are currently in use; those marked "◆" are closed.
|(18-1)||Yatsushiro JCT||Kyushu Expressway||0.0||141.9||Only accessible for Kumamoto and Fukuoka||Kumamoto||Yatsushiro|
|1||Yatsushiro-Minami IC||National Route 3||6.6||135.3|
|2||Hinagu IC||National Route 3||12.0||129.9|
|3||Tanoura IC||National Route 3||20.8||121.1||Ashikita|
|4||Ashikita IC||Pref. Route 27 (Ashikita Kuma Route)||28.8||113.1|
|5||Tsunagi IC||National Route 3||36.5||105.4||Tsunagi|
|6||Minamata IC|| National Route 3
National Route 268
|<7>||Fukuro IC||National Route 3||49.5||92.4||Planned|
|9||Izumi IC||National Route 328||58.4||83.5|
|10||Takaono-Kita IC||Pref. Route 374 (Izumi Takaono Route)||62.3||79.6|
|11||Noda IC||Pref. Route 368 (Arasaki Tashiro Route)||65.1||76.8|
|12||Akune-Kita IC|| National Route 3
National Route 389
Hokusatsu-Odan Road (planned)
|13||Akune IC||Pref. Route 46 (Akune Togo Route)||73.3||68.6|
|<14>||Nishime IC||National Route 3||77.4||64.5||Planned|
|<15>||Okawa IC||National Route 3||82.7||59.2||Planned|
|17||Satsumasendai-Mizuhiki IC||National Route 3||95.7||46.2|
|18||Satsumasendai-Takae IC||Pref. Route 43 (Sendai Kushikino Route)||99.2||42.7|
|19||Satumasendai-Miyako IC||National Route 3 (Kumanojō Bypass)||105.9||36.0|
|20||Kushikino IC||Pref. Route 39 (Kushikino Hiwaki Route)||112.4||29.5|
|21||Ichiki IC||National Route 3||119.7||22.2|
|22||Miyama IC||124.7||17.2||Only accessible for Kagoshima|
|23||Ijuin IC||Pref. Route 206 (Tokushige Yokoi Kagoshima Route)||130.8||11.1|
|24||Matsumoto IC/TB||Pref. Route 210 (Koyamada Taniyama Route)||135.6||6.3||Kagoshima|
|25||Kagoshima-Nishi IC||Pref. Route 24 (Kagoshima Higashiichiki Route)||141.0||0.9|
|(29)||Kagoshima IC/JCT||Ibusuki Skyline||141.9||0.0|
|Kagoshima Tozai Doro|