Milton Keynes Theatre
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
|Owner||Ambassador Theatre Group|
|Capacity||900 - 1400|
|Architect||Blonski-Heard with Kut Nadiadi & Robert Doe|
|Milton Keynes Theatre website at Ambassador Theatre Group|
Designed by architects Blonski-Heard with Kut Nadiadi and Robert Doe, the theatre design employed the latest building techniques, using some of the most technically advanced equipment available.
The auditorium has been designed to accommodate various shows: the ceiling can be lowered or raised depending on the scale of the production. The seating can also be moved around within the auditorium to vary the capacity from between 900 and 1,400. Consequently, the theatre accommodates a wide range of productions, from large-scale musicals, to smaller, more intimate drama.
- Milton Keynes Theatre Overview – Ambassador Theatre Group
- Blonski Heard creates Milton Keynes theatre – Design Week, 11 December 1998
- Milton Keynes Theatre & Art Gallery Complex – Architects' Journal Building Library. Includes photographs, drawings and working details
- Interview with Raf orlovski with the acoustic model of Milton Keynes theatre. Followed by internal and external construction shots. – Living Archive, Milton Keynes (film)
- Barron, Michael (28 Sep 2009). Auditorium Acoustics and Architectural Design. Spon Press. ISBN 9780419245100.
- "Cultural Planning Toolkit: A Review of Resources", Cities Institute, 2007. Retrieved 2012-11-21.