Michael Brewster (born July 27, 1989) is a former American football center. He played collegiately at the Ohio State University. Brewster was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2012.
|Born:||July 27, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Edgewater (Orlando, Florida)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
High school careerEdit
Brewster attended Edgewater High School in Orlando, Florida, where he played both sides of the ball, and was named All-State 6A in his senior season, 2007. Among his teammates were Greg Mathews and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Brewster also earned All-American honors by USA Today, Parade, and EA Sports. Regarded as a five-star prospect by Scout.com, Brewster was listed as the #1 center in the class of 2008.
In his true freshman year, Brewster replaced the injured Steve Rehring at center, and his 49 consecutive starts is the 2nd longest streak at Ohio State and is one game shy of tying the all-time school record of 50. He was a Freshman All-American in 2008, First Team All-Big Ten, FWAA First Team All-American in 2010, and the only junior to be a finalist for the Rimmington Trophy. In 2011, he was Second Team All-Big Ten in 2011, a Rimington Trophy candidate for the 2011–12 season, was named team captain by coach Luke Fickell, and was awarded the Jim Parker Award, as the team's outstanding offensive lineman.
2012 NFL DraftEdit
According to Sports Illustrated′s Tony Pauline, Brewster "would have been the first center drafted in the 2011 NFL Draft had he opted to enter." After his senior season at Ohio State, however, he was only projected as a late round pick and potential backup center. In their draft coverage, SI.com projected him as a fifth round pick.
On April 28, 2012, Brewster was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent. He earned his first NFL start in a game against the Indianapolis Colts in Week 3 of the 2012 season. He was placed on injured reserve on December 11, 2012, after breaking his left hand. Brewster was placed on injured reserve on December 16, 2013 after fracturing his left ankle. The Jaguars released Brewster on August 29, 2014.
Brewster was signed to the Miami Dolphins' practice squad on November 11, 2014. He was released by the Dolphins on December 23, 2014.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Brewster was signed to the New Orleans Saints' practice squad on December 26, 2014. He signed a futures contract with the Saints on December 29, 2014.
- "Mike Brewster Recruiting Profile". Scout.com.
- Pauline, Tony (May 3, 2011). "Stanford's Luck headlines early look at top 2012 draft prospects". Sports Illustrated.
- "Mike Brewster". CNN.
- "Jaguars sign 17 rookie Free Agents". Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Jaguars awarded DE Rivers off waivers". Jaguars.com. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Cut day: C Mike Brewster, QBs Ricky Stanzi and Stephen Morris waived
- "Mike Brewster". kffl.com. Archived from the original on January 17, 2015. Retrieved January 17, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- Levine, Ben (April 9, 2017). "The Spring League Announces Camp Roster". profootballrumors.com. Archived from the original on July 26, 2017. Retrieved July 25, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Johnson, Richard (2018-01-15). "There's a convention ... for coaches? Yup, here's what happens". SB Nation. Retrieved 2019-01-11.