This article needs to be updated.February 2017)(
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications. Microsoft markets Dynamics applications through a network of reselling partners who provide specialized services. Microsoft Dynamics forms part of "Microsoft Business Solutions". Dynamics can be used with other Microsoft programs and services, such as SharePoint, Yammer, Office 365, Azure and Outlook. The Microsoft Dynamics focus-industries are retail, services, manufacturing, financial services, and the public sector. Microsoft Dynamics offers services for small, medium, and large businesses.
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management|
The Microsoft Dynamics family of products is largely made up of products developed by companies that Microsoft acquired: Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains), Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision; now forked into Dynamics 365 Business Central), Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon), and Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta; now forked into Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations). The various products are aimed at different market segments, ranging from small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to large organizations with multi-language, currency, and legal entity capability. In recent years Microsoft Dynamics ERP has focused their marketing and innovation efforts on SaaS suites that includes the following products:
New Dynamics Suite
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Enterprise Edition (formerly Microsoft Dynamics AX) - ERP and CRM software-as-a-service product meant for mid-sized and large enterprises. Integrating both Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM features, consisting of the following modules: for Financials and Operations, for Sales Enterprise, for Marketing, for Customer Service, for Field Service, for Project Service Automation. Easily connected with Office 365 and PowerBI.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly Microsoft Dynamics NAV) - ERP and CRM software-as-a-service product meant for small and mid-sized businesses. Integrating both Dynamics NAV and Dynamics CRM features, consisting of the following modules: for Financials and Operations, for Sales Professionals, for Marketing. Easily connected with Office 365 and PowerBI.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service (formerly Microsoft CRM).
Microsoft Dynamics includes a set of related products:
- Microsoft Dynamics Management Reporter. Management Reporter is a financial reporting and analysis application. Its main feature is to create income statements, balance sheet statements, cash flow statements and other financial reports. Reports can be stored in a centralized Report Library along with external supporting files. Security on reports and files may be controlled using Windows Authentication and SQL Server.
- Microsoft Dynamics for Retail (formerly Microsoft Dynamics RMS, QuickSell 2000 and Dynamics POS)
- Microsoft Dynamics for Marketing (formerly MDM and MarketingPilot 2012)
- Microsoft Dynamics Social Listening (formerly Netbreeze 2013)
- Power Automate, formerly Microsoft Flow, a toolkit similar to IFTTT for implementing business workflow products.
- Power Automate Desktop, a Robotic process automation software for automating graphical user interfaces (acquired in May 2020) 
- Parature customer engagement software in the customer support and service channels (acquired in January 2014)
Microsoft also sells Sure Step as an implementation methodology for Microsoft Dynamics for its re-sellers to utilize.
In July 2018, at the Microsoft Business Applications Summit, Microsoft announced a new Dynamics 365 AI for Sales application.
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- "Small Business ERP: Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV, SL". microsoft.com. Microsoft Dynamics. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Microsoft Business Solutions: CRM & ERP Enterprise Solutions". Microsoft Dynamics. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- TechNet Wiki: Importance of Microsoft Dynamics ERP for SMBs
- Microsoft acquires Softomotive to expand low-code robotic process automation capabilities in Microsoft Power Automate
- Microsoft Acquires Parature For $100M In Deal To Bolster Knowledge Base For Dynamics CRM Platform
- Foley, Mary Jo. "Microsoft previews what's coming in Dynamics 365 this October | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-07-24.