Micael Bindefeld (born 20 September 1959) is a Swedish event and party organiser. Bindefeld grew up in a Jewish middle-class family in Gothenburg. His father was an engineer and his mother was a dental nurse. In his youth he went to Göteborgs Högre Samskola.
Micael Bindefeld during the Guldbaggen Awards in January 2013
|Education||Göteborgs Högre Samskola|
|Occupation||hairdresser, event organizer|
Bindefeld educated himself to be a hairdresser; he became popular and started doing hair for celebrities in Stockholm. He organized his first event in 1987, and since then Bindefeld has evolved from creator and party organiser to communications strategist.
He hosted Sommar i P1, which was broadcast on Sveriges Radio in 2010. In 2014 he started the Micael Bindefeld foundation for the memory of the Holocaust. Bindefeld himself is Jewish and had relatives who were killed in the Holocaust.
In connection with his 60th birthday in 2019, Bindefeld held a week-long birthday party in Tel Aviv, Israel, where he invited several Swedish celebrities, leading politicians and others whom he described as his friends. Among those who accepted the invitation were Ulf Kristersson (leader of the Moderate Party), Ebba Busch Thor (leader of the Christian Democrats) and Nyamko Sabuni (leader of the Liberals), who were strongly criticised by political commentators and others for accepting the invitation. Critics held the view that they should have stayed and worked in the Riksdag, as it was in the middle of budget time.
It was reported that several prosecutors would investigate if there had been any bribery involved. Bindefeld responded by saying: "I don't need to comment it, reflect over it or care about it. I'm only celebrating my birthday".
- "Matprat med Micael Bindefeld!" (in Swedish). Aller Media. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "'Man får elefanthud i den här världen'". Dagens Media (in Swedish). Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Micael Bindefeld" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Nu tar jag på mig min davidsstjärna". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Carlsson Tenitskaja, Alexandra (2019-09-20). "Stor kritik efter politikernas bjudfest i Israel" [Great criticism after the politicians' bidding party in Israel]. Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 2019-09-20. Retrieved 2019-09-23.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- Forsberg, Oskar (2019-09-19). "Bindefeld-festen: Detta har hänt" [Bindefeld party: This has happened]. Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 2019-09-20. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- "Bindefeld om lyxpartyt: Jag vill bara ha skitkul" [Bindefeld on luxury party: I just want to have fun]. Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 2019-09-23.